Sunday, 26 September 2010

Morning and welcome to Sunday morning

Morning peeps.


I managed a second sketch card yesterday and I really think I prefer it to my first . . . see what you think. I took a piece of plain white card and coloured it using distress inks in spiced marmalade, tea dye and fired earth. I then stamped a background image using vintage photo and tea dye (not that you can see very much of the background image left, but hey . . . I know it's there). The dotty and striped card is by DCWV and is foiled and utterly fab. I cut the circle from one of those blooming marvellous double sided papers from Costco. The gorjuss image was coloured using pro markers (mostly cocoa and pumpkin). I wrapped two lengths of narrow satin ribbon (orange and fawn) round the striped DCWV panel and tied in to knots right on the edge. Finally, I finished with one orange faux gemstone and two brown faux pearls and then adhered the whole shebang on to a square white card and there you have it.
Today's project is to make a religious Christmas card, now this is not my normal style at all but I was asked by one of my pals so I'll give it a go - there may be mica paints involved so do check back later to see if I've been successful or whether it's gone in the bin with hubby's plane - read on . . .
My dear hubby (radio controlled model plane enthusiast) has had this model jet plane ready to fly for some while but has been (long) awaiting delivery of some special radio gear . . . . which arrived earlier this week. He spent the first day after its arrival charging the batteries, reading the manual and fondling the dials - much like we crafters spend time stroking luscious new papers etc. Yesterday he went off, full of optimism and armed with his new plane all ready to rock and roll ........................ and came back with it in a bin bag!! Oh the tragedy - like discovering your melt pot's broken dear crafter. He is certain it wasn't pilot error but it hit the ground HARD, he's also hoping it's not the new transmitter radio gear, or the way he set it up but . . . the results of the post mortem aren't expected for a day or so whilst he tests each part - in the meantime, will it ever fly again? Watch this space.
We have guests due for dinner this evening and hubby will be doing his famous asparagus wrap starter followed by pork casserole and then a fruit crumble - mmmmmmmmmmm, comfort food! He's a jolly good cook and I'm sure our friends will enjoy it as much as I will.
Whatever you are doing today then I hope you will enjoy it.

4 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

A lovely card,Kathy....pretty image and colours. I had a great day at Ally Pally yesterday....though could have done with feeling a bit better!

xxxtglxxx said...

This is a lovely card Kathy :) I adore that image, and I really love your colours on this. I might have to get me some more distress inks! :) have a great day, xxalisonxx

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

This is absolutely fab Kathy. That colour combo is a really rich one.
Thanks for all the kind comments on my blog and hope to be back in the bubble later
Helen xx

My name is Wynneth said...

I so LOVE this card Kathy, gorgeous colours - spiced marmalade is a fabulous colour isn't it and one of my favs :O)

I do hope Steve finds out what caused the tragedy and that he can salvage something from the wreckage :O(

Dinner sounds yummy, what time should I plan to get there? !!! LOL

hugs
wynneth
x