Tuesday, 7 September 2010

Morning and welcome to Triffik Tuesday

Working on the scrap book yesterday, for hubby's family photographs - there didn't seem to be too many but it took a while to get them all scanned on to my pc - which I wanted to do just in case I mucked up any of them (as if!!!). Hubby wants to look at my layouts before I publish them so I might not get to show you all of my layouts but here is one already done, which was for the September challenge set by Wendymoon on the Scrap Addicts group over on Craftbubble. I used a 12" x 12" sheet of rust coloured base paper (part of the Costco Scrap booking kit acquired recently) which didn't need any treatment as it looked kind of distressed before I started. I used a sheet of paper from a batch of freebies within Making Cards magazine and used a plate and fancy scissors to cut the large circle. The smaller circle is actually scalloped and was a die cut I've had lying around for a while. I placed a Tim Holtz mask on the scalloped circle and then, using D.I. in Tea Dye, inked round the mask. I mounted my vintage photo on a piece of dark brown card and then cut a rust coloured piece the same size and inked my La Blanche flourish stamp in both pearlescent beige and rust (Brilliance inks) before stamping on the rust panel. I had some wide gold organza ribbon and some narrower almost rust coloured ribbon which I adhered across at an angle. I had typed up and printed my journalling which I then "aged" a bit using D.I. in Tea Dye again. For the embellishment I used a small scalloped circle which I covered in D.I. in Aged Paper before placing a Tim Holtz Cog mask and then coloured using D.I. in Tea Dye, the metal flower brad was another piece from the Costco scrap book kit (fab value) and the pages for this project will all be put inside one of the scrap books from this same kit. I hope you like it, I'm very pleased with the way this turned out and hope the rest turn out as well.
The sun is out here right now but I'm told that there is YET more rain on its way!! Can't tell you how much I shall look forward to that - means I can stay in and craft without feeling too guilty about it!
Have a triffik Tuesday, however you intend to spend it.

4 comments:

Katiejane said...

This is beautiful Kathy, you can see how much work has gone into it. I love the layout, the page draws your eye to just the right places. Your colours are very pretty for the era, Steve should be very proud of you.
Hope you get another crafty day in, it's raining here already boohoo!
Katie x

Georgie Hughes said...

This is lovely Kathy, you are so lucky to have old photographs of your Family.
GeorgieX

scrappyjacky said...

A lovely vintage page,Kathy.

Lauren Hatwell said...

I just love this page Kathy. Its gorgeous. Lx