Wednesday, 22 September 2010

Morning - here we are again hump day Wednesday

I cannot believe where the time goes . . . .

Yesterday we woke to foggy and miserable and today could NOT be more different, woke up to bright sunshine and, as I write this, the sun is so bright and warm on one side that I may have to get up and close the blind a little!!!!!!!!!! One of my fellow crafting buds reckons I have stolen the sun today as she has the fog/mist that we had yesterday! SORRY Wynneth if you are reading this, I'll send it down as soon as I'm done enjoying it!


Not much planned for today, which usually means crafting and tidying, though I do have dull (DULL DULL) stuff to do in the shape of ironing and grocery shopping.

Last evening, whilst hubby was out, I nipped down to have a chat over a cuppa with surrogate daughter and hubby for an hour. Always good to catch up with "family". It did mean that I didn't get much crafting done after yesterdays post just these two . . . using two more of the toppers I made whilst at craft club. It's OK - there's only one more left now! I am loving both the orange and the purple colourway. The purple mottled backing paper was a Christmas gift from a crafting buddy (in pad form) so thank you Sheila. The orange themed card uses two toned pieces of coredinations so I've run the lighter one through a snowflake embossing folder and then sanded the embossed image. On both pieces I've distressed the edges to expose the core. I love both of the stamps I've used on these two and cannot believe that I had not used the pine bough until last year (although I've probably owned it for a couple of years) and the cone flower was inked for the first time at craft club too - wicked lazy of me eh? Obviously the orange one is a Christmas card but the coneflower could be for almost any occasion masculine or feminine and, with the black, even a sympathy card with the right words.
On a brighter note - enjoy the sunshine if you are lucky enough to have it like me, and I'll probably catch you later once I've had a chance to craft some more.

2 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

WOW! Gorgeous cards Kathy. That cone flower is just beautiful. Enjoy your day. Lx

My name is Wynneth said...

I sat here all day Kathy, but the sun never arrived :O( I guess it got sidetracked round about Taunton!!!

Two more spiffing cards you've done there Mrs K, I do love this technique and you've certainly become expert at it.

hugs
wynneth
x