Saturday, 11 September 2010

Morning readers . . . . . Watch out for later post

Busy old day for me yesterday and definitely little time for crafting but wouldn't you just know I would manage a simple little something? Aunt and Uncle (recently returned from Florida) were on fine form and my aunt was enjoying her birthday. We nipped over for tea and birthday cake and a chat about their recent foray Stateside but it turned in to a bit of a birthday party when another aunt and uncle arrived, bearing gifts. Luckily, aunt had gone totally overboard with the cake side of things and provided hot cross buns, apple turnovers, cherry bakewells and walnut cake - so no-one (but no-one) was going to go home hungry!!! Lovely piccies too - they had an absolute blast and are already talking about going back next year!!!!! In the meantime, it's only 24 days till we're off!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY


I am still wrestling with my vintage photofest and am gradually getting there. Yesterday I was struggling with a photograph plainly taken at County Hall in Gloucester and dated on the reverse but with no indication of what the occasion was. Hubby's dad, mum, two of her sisters and two of their husbands were in the photo and in the front row at that, holding flags so the occasion was obviously significant but I haven't been able to trace it, as yet. On the reverse was a stamp stating it had been taken by the local newspaper, The Gloucester Citizen, but their on-line archive only goes back a couple of years - BUM. Anyway, on with the layout . . . because of the flags I thought "patriotism" so went with a simple layout using red, white and blue. I trimmed a piece of Wilkinson's white card and then used my fab "torn notebook" punch down the side - I had thought of distressing it but felt it would lose the red, white and blue theme there. I mounted the journalling on to a red panel (kindly provided by Lauren) and the photo on to blue stardream card (and extravagant use of stardream but hey). Before attaching the piece, at a jaunty angle, I took lengths of organza ribbon in red, white and blue and tied in a knot, cutting the ends to an angle and then adhered the piece and there you have it, my simple layout.



Anyway, in addition to running up this layout AND going to Costco (only purchase there turned out to be some great gold organza ribbon to co-ordinate my black and gold themed Christmas wrap this year!), we were invited to the home of a friend (neighbour) for dinner last evening. Now this friend, Jenny, is the owner of the lovely Robbie - remember the cute piccies? He's been to the dog parlour and had a bit of a number One cut!! - but boy, does he look cute? Judge for yourself.



Lastly, but not least - it's Saturday and many of you know what this means . . . . SKETCHIE DAY over on the Craft Mad & Loving It group on Origin's Craftbubble forum (see it here). Rosie (one of the three regular Design Team Members) has been AWOL (on vacation) for a couple of weeks and it was her turn to present her sketch this week - and she's gone all fiendish on us with this sketch and twist. Her twist this week is "IN PIECES"!!!!!!!!! and here's her sketch . . . now, if this inspires you then why not pop along and have a go - I certainly plan to this morning so do check back later and see how it turned out! . . . purlease!

3 comments:

jackid said...

aarrhhh Robbies so cute lovely sketch theme this week I bet yours is up already you and Andy take some beating with quickness lolsee you over there later
jacki xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Phew! That looks like plenty to be going on with there Kathy. Love the simple lay out. I MUST dig out that torn notebook punch. Its so great!

Looking forward to seeing your CMLI entry later. Lx

My name is Wynneth said...

Another amazing layout Mrs K ! that edging punch is just perfect.

I've fallen in love all over again with young Robbie with his new haircut - he's a really handsome chap ;O)

hugs
wynneth
x