Saturday, 25 September 2010

OMG THIRD post of the day - please don't forget to check out my earlier posts

Ok peeps, finally got on to craftbubble AND got round to the sketchie but first I got treated to my neighbours wedding group heading off for their Special Day which, I discovered was also mum's 60th birthday AND mum and dad's 39th wedding anniversary - so a VERY SPECIAL DAY for all of them - and didn't it look lovely. This was the pair of horses borrowed for the day to take the parties to and from the local Church, the one closest to me was called Duke but I never did find out the other. You will note the PURPLE (though I seriously doubt it was in my honour!) decoration on Duke and his companion!!!

Next we have the bride and her VERY proud father, you may not be able to see it but the brides father was wearing a purple cravat and the brides flowers were cream and purple too - there are purple balloons in the background and purple bows on the wedding cars too - my kind of wedding.
Then we see Duke and his pal taking the bride and her proud father off to the Church where, we were assured, the groom was waiting - and he must've been because not long ago I saw the bride and groom returning, presumably to pick up some more conventional mode of transport to take them onwards to their reception in Gloucestershire. All the best to the pair of them.


Anyway, it was then on to my sketchie, with the twist to use Autumn Shades - well, my regular readers will know how obsessed I have become over Christmas cards recently - as I've realised we're getting closer, I'm about to lose a month's Christmas card making time AND I'm still only two thirds of the way to my goal so today's Autumnal Sketchie entry basically had to be a Christmas card - tricky huh? I DID have some suitable colours (peach/tan/orange) coredinations card "leftovers" which sort of begged to be used AND some Christmas-y paper with presents on in co-ordinating shades so I was all set really. I die cut my white circle and then embossed my image with Crystal Gold EP and then coloured with green and blue distress inks before highlighting with stickles. I then die cut a slightly larger circle and distressed the edges with my Tim Holtz distressing tool before attaching my image panel. I cut my other panels from various leftover pieces, ran them through my die cutter inside an embossing folder and then distressed the embossed pattern using a piece of sand paper. I had one clear epoxy Merry Christmas sticker left so stuck it on to a piece of matching paper and cut it out before adhering to my present panel and there you have my sketchie in Autumnal Shades - like it?
Thanks for your perseverance in checking out my three posts. Craft Bubble is back on-line again, if you fancy entering then why not pop over and check it out! Thanks for looking. Catch you all tomorrow - have a lovely Saturday

7 comments:

clare said...

i thought i was doing well with 2 posts! ahh, lovely photos and what a beautiful day they have for a wedding. another great card there kathy and i love the embossing as well as the christmas tress. x

Brenda Brown said...

Wooo what a busy day you have had - 3 posts Kathy - that's going it some. Lovely pics of your neighbours wedding and so lucky to have such a gorgeous day for the horses and carriage.
Well done on getting your card to fit with autumn colours and the sketch - it looks lovely.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Luv B from sunny Swanage xxxxx

Cherry said...

What a gorgeous day to get married on - perfect - and those horses are so beautiful.

You have had a busy day Kathy - love the autumnal Christmas card it works so well - really clever.

Have a lovely dinner tomorrow - I'm off for an Indian take away - hooray.

Glad the images turned up safely.

Hugs cherry XXX

Louise said...

Fab pictures of the wedding. Weren't they lucky to have a sunny day?
I like how you have made a Christmas card with autumnal colours- golds and oranges are lush and are just right for the opulence of Christmas.
Thankyou for your kindness on commenting on my blog and on CB in the last months (and for you advice about PMs ages ago). You are one of the most thoughtful people I have ever come across. Have a fab time in Florida in October and don't buy up ALL the stash!!!

Lauren Hatwell said...

Ahhhh, what lovely photos Kathy. Beautiful horses and I'm so glad they had such a lovely day for the wedding.

Gorgeous opulant colours on your lovely card too. Lx

My name is Wynneth said...

Lovely wedding piccies Kathy, the bride certainly did look radiant and all that purple!!! Heaven for you ;O) Wasn't the weather kind to them too!

Lovely card, orange is a great colour for a christmas card, well done on adding to your stock. I've also just realised I'm going to miss near enough a month of christmas card making time and I've only got a handful finished - OMG!!! Do you happen to have many christmas themed items in your Florida stash perchance? wink, wink! LOL
hugs
wynneth
x

Kathyk said...

Buy ALL the stash? Reckon I'll have to fight Wynneth and Karen for that position!!!! Louise I'm blushing at your nice comments about me - doesn't sound liek me at all!!!

Kathyk