Tuesday, 14 September 2010

WHAT? Hump Day Wednesday ..... again?!?!?

Busy day yesterday with meeting up with my pals for lunch, came home, uploaded photographs, e-mailed them to my friends and then got the sudden urge to scrap book something less than 40 years old!!! At the moment my scrap book format is 8½" x 11" (an American size) so I have moved back to this format - till the album is full THEN I can move on to the 12" x 12" albums I have waiting in the wings . . .



I used a piece of window pane style checked paper which came with the recent Costco scrap booking kit, a large scalloped circle coloured using distress ink in spiced marmalade, a Tim Holtz clock mask sited and then further distressed using Vintage Photo. I also had a small scalloped circle which I then coloured using the leftover ink on the blending tool. I also used a small piece of DCWV striped foiled card, some yellow paper and then some tan card and some dark brown card. Additionally I stamped my Craft Stamper freebie sentiment on white card before mounting on the small scalloped circle. I finished the layout by adding a number of faux pearls to the sentiment and grid lines. Hope you like it.......



So then I set to thinking that I never really finished scrapping our trip to Newcastle in early August, nor our evening our with friends at the weekend (to the smashing Clifton Sausage) and then of course, there will be the Digital/Compaq/HP reunion night out coming up - blimey, better get a wiggle on otherwise I shall be inundated with scrap layouts!



So here's my layout of our trip to Newcastle . . . not very exciting as layouts go, but I wanted to put that number of photos in and all on one page so it didn't really leave a lot of space for embellishments. I used a piece of backing paper that came - you guessed it - from the fab scrap booking kit from Costco. The journalling was done on the computer and then cut in to strips to put with the appropriate photograph, with the main journalling just at the top. Of course, if I had already moved on to 12" x 12" I WOULD have had more room but hey . . . . I haven't so . . . .




And here's us at the Clifton Sausage - well, to be more accurate, everyone BUT me at the Clifton Sausage since I was taking the piccie! For this layout I used one photo, printed full size and matted, first on white and then on to silver mirri card with just a little strip of light blue to co-ordinate the image with the spotty "Colossal" backing paper . As it was just one photo and taken for a celebration, the journalling was placed, almost centrally, across the top and on top of a strip of card which had previously been cut using one of the fancy edged blades on my woodware trimmer and to which a piece of dark blue organza ribbon had been attached and tied in to a knot - and now I'm about up to date with my scrap booking. Probably in time for something else to come along and grab my attention.


I'm seldom without my camera these days (memo to self:- charge the batteries!). Thank heavens for digital cameras too, now you can come home and see your photos in print immediately rather than having to finish a film then get it developed, by which time you've probably forgotten half of what's on there anyway!!! I never wanted to make the change initially but boy am I glad I did. Last night I got an e-mail from Jacky telling me about a new series on photography on TV and it's such a pity that I didn't read it until almost 9pm - when I found I was just in time for the closing credits - shall try to remember it for next week and thank you so very much Jacky.

Don't know what's on your agenda for this particular hump day Wednesday but I hope you will have a good one. It actually looks like quite a nice day out there today AND the wind appears to have dropped (albeit only a bit!) so I might get some washing done and dried (dullsville . . . . but very necessary)!!
P.S. I just found out that I won a prize over on I LOVE PRO MARKERS, so thanks for that, peeps - that was for my purple motorcycle card for their TRANSPORT theme. This weeks uses a sketch and a twist of rip it up!! See it here and the prize this week is provided by SIMON SAYS STAMP - Good Luck everyone

5 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Off to the hairdressers myself...about time too!!!
I really like that size album...can still get a lot on a page...but much quicker to do than 12 x 12....and really like your page with lots of photos on....you don't want to always be doing lots of pages about one event.
The weather is lovely here today.

Lauren Hatwell said...

Boy you've been busy Mrs K. Fab LO's to remember happy days. Love it. Lx

Cherry said...

Great LOs Kathy and love the card above too. Congratulations on your win - well deserved. Glad you've had a good day. Hugs Cherry XXX

My name is Wynneth said...

More great layouts Kathy and you sound like you've been a very busy bee!!!
hugs
wynneth
x

My name is Wynneth said...

Ooops! forgot to say BIG CONGRATULATIONS on your win over on I ♥ Promarkers - WTG Girlfriend!!!
hugs
wynneth
x