Friday, 15 October 2010

2nd post of the day, please scroll down to read my earlier post

Crafting in progress - showers of glitter advised throughout the morning!!!



I decided to take advantage of the lazy day and crack on with some craftiness......




Making this card using my fab new Penny Black image and sentiment stamps (both on wood I'm afraid and thus taking up valuable space in my case . . . but hey, I think they're worth it!) my DCVW Christmas paper stack and DCWV Old World card stack, my Martha Stewart round the page punch set and some Michael's narrow red ribbon (50c a roll!). I stickles and then Glamour dusted her fur trim on the dress and hat and also bouquet and gave her a snowy "ground" too. Hope you like her. I also used just the corner punch on the candy striped backing paper, for co-ordination!




Then I moved on to twinkly ATC's . . .


I used Distress inks in Barn Door and Fired Brick to create the red background for this one and then stamped the Penny Black clear Poinsettia and the wood mounted PB sentiment in black Versafine ink (which, sadly, appears to stain both acrylic and rubber stamps - BUM!) before overprinting the poinsettia using the "no heat required" glue pad by Hampton Art and then applying crystal glamour dust - super twinkly huh?



Then I rediscovered some self adhesive pre glittered foam trees . . . . I covered an ATC blank in blue card and then ripped a piece of ribbed white card to create a snowy slope before cutting a mask for my tree (didn't want to glitter that area as it would be hard to attach the self adhesive image over the glitter) before using the H.A. glue pad and an Inkadinkado clear swirl stamp (from the set "Artistic Flourish") on the blue background and then removed the mask before sprinkling a fine light blue glitter. I adhered the tree and then used my holographic stickles and crystal glamour dust and there you have my 2nd ATC.


Hope you like both of these too


Not too sure whether I've done for the day - it is still only 11:00 here in sunny Florida and we may go out this afternoon . . . . or we may not, it's so nice here that we may just decide to laze by the pool, or even in the pool!! Hubby is currently beavering away doing something dead technical with the air conditioning so that's off at the moment and I have a large fan going to keep myself cool with. I AM, however, hoping he's done with that soon so we can turn it back on soon. He picked today as the forecast was "chilly this morning and warming up in the afternoon". Of course, to Floridians, chilly is currently 22 degrees!!! Hmmm - chilly? I DON'T THINK SO!!


Hope your day is going really well too - enjoy!

3 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Lots of lovely craftiness there Kathy. Loving all the glitter. I usually like to pick a favourite but I don't think I can today. Its all too yummy! Hope the Air Con is back to full strength in time for the thaw.... Lx

Debs M x said...

ooh love that sassy chick! x

Dora said...

Fantastic cards Kathy, I love all the glitter. Yes the wooden stamps take up so much space but you're right, they are worth it !!