Thursday, 21 October 2010

2nd post of the day, please scroll down to read my earlier post

Welcome to Thursday and the first of the Craftapalooza-ites leaves for home today, safe journey to you Wynneth and Tom - hope you've warm clothes to hand as you arrive back in the U.K. as we hear it's really cold there.

This morning we slept in till a very decadent 08:50 . . . but hey, we're on vacation!! Not done much since either . . . except a little crafting.

I used a snowflake sheet of my DCWV Christmas stack of papers and then two Inkadinkado clear images, stamped in black and then the image highlighted with holographic stickles and finally, the ATC's corners were rounded.



For this ATC I used distress inks in Antique Linen, Wild Honey and Barn Door for the background and then stamped the Hero Arts sentiment and the Cats Pyjamas image in black versafine before using a ZIG two way glue pen to highlight and glitter areas and then added some peach coloured faux gemstones.



For this card I used some papers that had been free with a magazine - I liked them because they were more like the papers you would buy yourself (as opposed to the more usual "copier paper" weight freebies!). I used a second piece of this paper selection and my Martha Stewart round the page punch set to create my centre panel, I then used one of Wynneth's stamped Penny Black images which I cut round. I highlighted the image using Holographic, platinum and green stickles. I tied an off centre bow using some very narrow satin ribbon (a gift) at the top and to the right of my sentiment panel (stamped on white, cut out then mounted on to a rounded panel of the snowflake paper). I then finished the card with two faux crystal gemstones.
And that, dear readers, is what I've been up to this morning. It's now lunchtime so I think (after last night's blow out at Mannie's) a light lunch is in order and then possibly a swim or a shower . . . before a trip out in the sunshine.
I hope it has warmed up for you all, a little, in the U.K. and that everyone's heating is working well.
Take care all and do check back later to see if I've got any more holiday snaps for you . . . I hope you are enjoying your virtual vacation here in Florida.

2 comments:

Lilian said...

Nice cards Kathy. Its a wonder you get any cards done with all you have been up to,
Take care lilian x

Brenda Brown said...

Great card and ATCs Kathy, seems you are making the most of your hols. Enjoy. B xxxx