Monday, 25 October 2010

And then ........

Just after my earlier post declaring that all was well in my world . . . . . (if you haven't seen my earlier post then please do scroll down and check it out . . .)

I heard from a good friend who had been in hospital for an operation on October 6th. I sent her e-mails and texts saying that I hoped it had gone well. She hadn't been scheduled to stay in hospital long but had to go stay with family immediately following the op, hence my not ringing to see how she was. Anyway, my poor friend e-mailed me today to let me know that her silence had been due to her suffering a stroke - OMG!!! She went on to say that it had been relatively mild (is there any such thing?) and treated in a speedy manner which meant she was recovering reasonably well - thank goodness. So, I figured a "wishing you well" card was in order. I chose to use Lauren's recent BERRY BRIGHTS sketch for this though obviously no berries on this one choosing instead to use berry colours. The crown backing card was from DCWV RockStar stack, the glitter card from DCWV Indian Summer stack and the red round the page punched square from the DCWV shimmer stack - they are just sooooo fabulous aren't they? My image was by the cool cats at The Cats Pyjamas and the sentiment by Hero Arts. I used three faux pearls to complete my project and will be heading off to the Post Office before closing time to speed it on its way to my pal - get well soon, Sue, hoping for a 100% recovery.
On a lighter note, we reckon we're off to Tony Romas tonight for dinner, as Monday is All You Can Eat Ribs night!!! and I do love ribs!
Enjoy your evenings and, Lauren, don't forget to wear your PJ's and socks to bed tonight!, as recommended by a recent returnee from sunnier climes - Karen! Hope your electrician turns up nice and early in the morning.

3 comments:

Fleur said...

Great little card Kathy, I do hope your friend recovers quickly ~ Sending her wishes
Hugz Fleur xXx

Lilian said...

Kathy, Your friend will love the card. I hope she contuines to make good progress.
Takee care lilian x

Cherry said...

Hi Kathy,

Sorry to hear your friend's so ill - I am sure the card will brighten her day when it arrives.

Have good ribs for tea.

Sounds like you and Steve are having a fantastic time. Hugs Cherry XXX