Friday, 29 October 2010

A day spent just vegging by the pool ..............


Hi folks,
Here's my 2nd post of Friday and, if you haven't seen my earlier post then perhaps you would like to scroll down and check it out.
Today has been a bit of a day of domesticity, I've been washing and ironing and Steve has been pottering and painting. Whilst we're here we always touch up the the marks and dings on the paintwork to make it look nice for the future guests. We hope they appreciate it and we also hope that they treat the house better because it looks like its loved when they arrive - well, that's the plan anyway.



Have however, managed a little light crafting with a little ATC with stamps by The Cats Pyjamas - I'm really not sure how these can have slipped under my radar as they are so cute. I used some offcuts from the DCWV Rock Star card stack and then stamped my image and sentiment on to white card before cutting out and adding colour with copics and sakura glitter pens and I edged the sentiment with a copic marker too. I also added the finishing touch of three pink faux gemstones - like him?


Next it was on to a Christmas card using offcuts from the DCWV Christmas paper stack and also the DCWV shimmer card stack, along with some red/gold ribbon (Michaels or Joann's) and then stamped my image and sentiment on white card in versafine black ink before over stamping again with the wondrous Hampton Art Glue Pad and then sprinkling Crystal Glamour Dust liberally over both! I used my Martha Stewart edge punch on the chocolate brown shimmer card and then added a couple of crystal faux gemstones and there . . . another Christmas card for my collection - can't have many left to make I think . . . lucky really as it will be almost time to start writing them when we get back!
I'm much happier this year that I got a head start on my Christmas cards and will try to do the same again in 2011. I shall have a few to make in a batch once I get home and start compiling my Christmas list but other than that I can concentrate on my Christmas shopping - YAY!

4 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Sounds like Hell Kathy. Put my name down for some of that...LOL

Oh that cute little penguin is just brilliant. What a great image that is. Beautiful papers and a great sentiment. Top job, I say.

Very sophisticated Christmas Card. I doooooo like that. Love that dotty paper. So stylish. Looks like you're on a roll to me.

Lx

Lilian said...

More nice cards Kathy. I know some time ago you said you would start cards early and you have well done. Take care lilian

SallyB said...

Hi Kathy...
I'm sure all your guests do appreciate all your hard work...
(he he he)
I had to laugh at your comment on my blog!
What do you think my family would say if I turned Florida into a Craftapalooza! mmmm...Shall I test the waters?
You are doing well with the Christmas cards! I am failing miserably and really wondering if I should just make to sell or make to send...I don't think I can do both! I have promised to do one more craft fair at Christmas with my crafting pal, Fiona...she makes all the real bunting and I started doing some 'Thanks for your order cards' for her hence my little paper triangle obsession on all my cards...
Having a quiet weekend now...big daughter was out at a sleepover last night so should be home exhausted in about an hour! Just need to sort out 'Halloween' Outfits! Look out for some pictures!
Chat to ya soon....

Brenda Brown said...

I think it's fab you have all the stash to creat while you are away. Love the ATC and card - more room needed in the cases to come home.
Enjoy the weekend.
Luv B xxx