Sunday, 3 October 2010

Early afternoon update - there is an earlier post if you are keen enough to scroll down!

The rain has stopped and it has brightened up but I still don't think I shall be hanging out any washing!!!


Having used up my entire stash of ATC's recently, I decided to make an ATC using some of my new Paper Artsy stamps and Distress Inks in Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet and Worn Lipstick. I stamped the P.A. cog several times, as a background, in Victorian Velvet and then stamped the watch in memento tuxedo black and cut out, before lightly dabbing with the pad I had used on the ATC background. Once adhered to my ATC I stamped the top of the watch and the P.A. sentiment directly on to the ATC, again using the memento tuxedo black pad. Hope you like it. I'm probably not done yet . . . I'm thinking I need to make some more ATC's before I go away AND the challenge over on Craftbubble's Craft Mad & Loving It group (temporarily meeting here whilst craftbubble appears BROKEN) would seem topical on more than one level. With CB broken and Halloween approaching - it is "BUBBLE BUBBLE, toil and trouble"!!! Tee Hee - so I would like to get on with that challenge too.



Well Bubble Bubble toil and trouble made me think of witches and Halloween - I am (SPOOKILY! enough) totally without any witch stamps!!! I know - hard to believe isn't it???? But (thanks to Lauren's canny gift purchase in February) I DO have some Halloween stamps and quite a few of them . . . . Having made a couple of Halloween ATC's last week I didn't really want to use the same stamps but I DID feel forced to re-use the bats (sorry) and came up with this ATC. I used a pumpkin coloured ATC blank on to which I stamped in memento ink (Tuxedo Black again - my favourite) the Trick or Treat sentiment and a smattering of bats (no idea what the collective noun for bats is - just checked - apparently it's a COLONY!). I stamped the pumpkin on to white card, cut it out, ran it through my xyron and stuck it to my ATC blank before applying my glue pen and adding orange glitter to the pumpkin body and some gorgeous black/green sparkle 'n sprinkle glitter to the greenery atop said pumpkin. Then I decided to run amok and took my quickie glue pen to the colony of bats!!! and then black glittered them AND the spider dangling from my sentiment but I think that was one glittering too far as the glue pen kind of lost the spiders legs in the gluing! (sorry) - hope you like my Bubble Bubble, toil and trouble ATC!

10 comments:

clare said...

the toil was well worth it kathy!!! has the bubble ever been off this long before? X

Lauren Hatwell said...

Ooooooooh, lovely job Kathy. Both are absolutely GORGEOUS.... Couldn't fault either. Its good to see you've put your time to good use while you waited for the rain to stop. Lx

Kathyk said...

Clare, not to my knowledge it hasn't - I guess it really started "on the fritz" on Friday and no-one from Origin will have monitored it over the weekend so . . . . let's hope for an early fix tomorrow - fingers crossed eh?

Katiejane said...

Wow Kathy, you do have a selection of glitters, the end result looks great for Halloween. Glad you managed some crafting and the weather got a little better :)
Katie x

scrappyjacky said...

Love that Paperartsy ATC,Kathy....great use of the stamps.

Cherry said...

Great ATCs Kathy - all lovely and sparkly and what's not to love about Paperartsy! What a bloomin' awful day apart from the last bit!
Hopefully CB will be back at some point thank goodness for the blog! Have a good evening. Hugs Cherry XXX

Dora said...

Yes, of course I know you are off to the SUNSHINE state he he lucky girl ... but just suggesting for you to keep Malta in mind when you need a quick break ;) Hugs xxx

Craftyrose said...

Greta work here Kathy. xx Loving the glittery sparkle. xx You too hav ehad a day well spent I see!

jackid said...

Lovely atcs Kathy and loving the sparkle
Jacki xx

Kathy said...

So festive but, the clock one really has captured me. Love it :)