Thursday, 28 October 2010

Fog's gone! Second post of the day - please scroll down or this post won't make sense!


though it was uncharacteristically slow to burn off this morning. We can now see the cows and they can see us too!! Even the little gecko's have come out in force with one guarding our hose reel! Bless!
Hubby's painting the garage ceiling now that the leak appears to be really (really) fixed - we've been trying to fix it for years. So I have found myself reading a book found in the house "New York" by Edward Rutherfurd and doing a little light crafting!!!
I brought some die cut shapes out with me this trip and this uses one of them, edged with distress inks in dusty concord. The ADORABLE image is by Whippersnapper designs and both of the funky patterned backing cards are from DCWV's Rock Star stack. Given my love of Disney's "Figment" he just had to be coloured in purple and highlighted with holographic and platinum stickles. I used my crop-a-dile to set the eyelets down the right had side and a Fiskars corner punch on the backing cards too. Hope you like him and no, he's not a figment of your imagination!!! which reminds me it's been a full ten years since we visited Disney here in Florida - must be about time to re-visit?
We're dining with our neighbours later today and heading to the Santa Fe steakhouse about five miles north of us on the U.S. 27. I spotted a 10% discount voucher which has been burning a hole in my pocket since making the "find"! To my regular followers you will already have seen piccies of the Santa Fe as it's the steakhouse we took Wynneth and Tom to, with our other neighbours (Sally and Roger) recently and where the chicken declared we should all "Eat more Beef"! Mmmmm - looking forward to that!
Hope your Thursday's are all proceeding according to plan too.

5 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Glad it's brightened up for you, have a good meal tonight, I love an American steak and salad.
Cute image and lovely papers to go with him.
Take care. B xxx

clare said...

such a fun image. enjoy your meal out kathy. x

Fleur said...

Wow how sweet is he, He looks fantastic in those colours too. Hope you are well
Hugz Fleur xXx

Louise said...

I love that image too- he is so cute and looks just right in purple. Hope you are enjoying your time in the US still and haven't quite bought everything in the shops yet!

My name is Wynneth said...

He's absolutely adorable Kathy and I really can't understand why I didn't buy myself this stamp while over there :O( given my penchant for dragons of every colour!!!!! Fabulous card too, loving those funky papers.

I am so envious of you visiting the Santa Fe again and without me this time :O( guess that funky Rooster is still sending out the same message on the window there!!!!
hugs
wynneth
x