Friday, 29 October 2010

Friday again, greetings from Florida

Morning everyone and I hope that your Friday is proceeding nicely towards the weekend!


Yesterday, we had an early dinner with our neighbours Len and Koreen and our chosen restaurant was the Santa Fe steakhouse and you've already seen photos of that place so I didn't take my (BROKEN) camera. Here's a photo of Len and Koreen though, taken on a different trip when my camera wasn't broken (bitter? Me!?!?!).
Our dinner selection was made from the "two meals for $12.99" menu and mine was steak tips and very nice they were too but, horror of horrors . . . . . there were mushrooms in the rather yummy sauce but (fortunately) I spotted them before any damage was done!! I know this is going to sound weird but I'm allergic to mushrooms in the U.S. and you DON'T want to know what happens if I eat them in error . . . I'll just ask "who remembers Linda Blair in the Exorcist"?????? 'Nuff said
Anyway, after dinner (and a couple of their finest DOLLAR beers) it was back to ours for chat and a pleasant evening. Len and Koreen left around 11 and we more or less went straight to bed only to wake up this morning to another murky one. We are warned that a COLD FRONT is approaching and that the temperatures could plummet to the upper 70's/low 80's!! COLD???? I DON'T think so - it'll be lovely and I'm pretty sure a few of my readers would swap ...... in a nanosecond! Bring it on!
Have a great Friday and a fabulous weekend, peeps, would love to hear what you all have planned . . . . . . . so go on, share!

3 comments:

My name is Wynneth said...

Glad to hear you spotted the dreaded mushrooms in time our Kathy!! wouldn't want you to explode, it's just too messy!!!! LOL

Sounds like you had a lovely time though, I'm so jealous and really wish I was still there with you. Horrid, cold and damp here since we got home and having been out for the last two evenings and again tonight, I could almost pack a couple of MS all round the page punch sets in the bags under my eyes :O( Still, it's so nice to have such a lot of friends who want to meet up with us for a meal, waistline is suffering a tad though!
Enjoy your 'cooler' weather sweetie - I'll let you know as soon as a certain package arrives - can't wait!!!!
hugs
wynneth
x
tom says 'Hi' to Steve :O) think he's missing his company!!!!! keeps asking me when you are coming down to see us in Cornwall ;O)

My name is Wynneth said...

Forgot to say that I've sorted my camera replacement - QVC had a TSW yesterday which was just perfect (I hope! anyway I can send it back if it isn't!) Panasonic FZ45 14MP Bridge Camera 24x Opt Zoom, 25mm Wide Lens, 4GB Card & Case all for £296.37 including P&P - did a bit of research on t'internet about it, seems quite good. If steve knows anything about this model I'd appreciate hearing!

Lauren Hatwell said...

Sounds good to me Kathy. Thanks goodness you noticed those mushrooms....Eeek! Enjoy your day... Lx