Saturday, 23 October 2010

Happy Saturday

Welcome to the weekend, hope you all have a splendid weekend lined up. Me? Me 'n hubby are dining out with our fabby U.S. neighbours (Sally and Roger) and we're thinking Mexican . . . venue to be decided.




In the interim, my other Craftapalooza buddy (Karen) is heading home from Orlando today, with her flight leaving around 4:00p.m. - safe journey to you Karen, Dave, Becky and Kris - it was LOVELY to meet you all and I hope you enjoyed it even half as much as I did.




As for crafting, what have I been up to? Well, you all know me - a day without crafting - blah blah, so I've been making ATC's because they take up less space in my case AND I just KNOW I'm going to have loads to send out once I get home.


I made this ATC with the spotty paper I bought recently to make a sketchie card over on craft bubble, I also used a piece of DCWV metallic card stack (in blue) AND a piece of red card (kindly donated by Wynneth - thanks Wynneth), all three pieces were edged with my new Martha Stewart punch. I then stamped my Inkadinkado image in black first and then again my my Hampton Arts glue pad before applying Crystal Glamour Dust and cutting closely round before adhering to my ATC and finishing with the adhesion of four red faux gemstones and the Merry Christmas sentiment (cut out and applied using Xyron adhesive).



Next ATC was made using an ATC blank and still more of the spotty paper. I then stamped my Penny Black image using Brilliance Crimson and then overstamping with my glue pad and adhering Crystal Glamour Dust. I then cut closely roudn the image and adhered to the spotty ATC. I then stamped the Penny Black sentiment in versafine black, directly on to the ATC and then added the four red faux gemstones in order to finish the ATC.
Hope you like them both.
BTW I WAS right about the breakfast this morning as we had no lunch at all and only a cheese roll for dinner - THIS is why we don't eat breakfast out much whilst we're here!!!!
Anyway, Saturday is SKETCHIE day over on craftbubble's Craft Mad & Loving It group so standy by to see a second post with the sketch (this week set by the lovely Lauren) and my take on the sketch.
Have a FABULOUS weekend and, if it turns out to be as cold as the last few days - STAY WARM!

4 comments:

Fleur said...

Hi Kathy these are so pretty, love the glitz
Hugz Fleur xXx

Lauren Hatwell said...

OMG...I LOVE that snowman. Isn't he GORGEOUS! The dotty paper is perfect. Love, love, LOVE IT. Think this one might just be one of my all time faves of your ATC's. So wish I was coming out for Mexican with you all. It was SUCH FUN last time. First time I've ever seen a Mariachi Band up close and personal too. Lx

Craftyrose said...

Yummy Martha Stewart punch there Kathy! I adore them! love the colours on this card too. xx

Jane said...

Fab, fab and fab!! Loving the papers and the lovely glittery snowman! :0)

Jane xx