Sunday, 10 October 2010

Hi there and welcome to Sunday morning here in Florida

Woke up to this view this morning, a light mist at this time of year usually indicates that it's going to be a nice day - fingers crossed eh? mind you, its already 18 degrees and only 08:00!



Went out yesterday afternoon with a list of places to visit and yes, one of those places was a Michaels store - well, I had a 40% off voucher! So we headed north on the 27 towards Clermont. After calling in at Lowes (a DIY store like B&Q or Wickes) and buying some stuff including a blind to replace the broken one in the bathroom we headed on to Michaels. After a quick recce I found myself at the dollar bin! I found myself talking to a nice American lady who reckoned that, if she stayed bent over that bin any longer she was afraid she might never get straight again! whilst I was talking to her an English lady with a trolley (a TROLLEY, mind you!) went past . . . . it was my fellow craftapalooza-ite, Wynneth!!! We spent a few minutes discussing the virtue of this dollar stamp over that dollar stamp and then my agreed time (40 minutes) ran out so I had to run . . . or turn in to a pumpkin!! Came back and couldn't wait to get some ink on my purchases . . . and here are two ATC's made using these stamps . . . not the best photograph I'll admit, but I hope you can see what super stamps they are. The sentiment (Santa Claus Lane) came from our recent foray to Violettes and just sort of seemed to suit my purpose. I also had some Penny Black Christmas stamps that I had ordered from Addictedtorubberstamps.com and decided to make three ATC's the using the same stamps but in different colours. So I got my new (and 40% off) Tim Holtz blending tool and set to work using weathered wood, faded jeans and dusty concord on the left hand ATC, antique linen, tea dye and frayed burlap on the middle one and scattered straw, wild honey and fired brick on the one on the right. Hubby prefers the one on the left and I (being lately obsessed by the warm orange tones) prefer the one on the right!!! How about you, dear reader?
Here it is, 08:15 in the morning, the mist is already burning off in readiness for the expected "nice day", the third craftapalooza-ite is safely here in Florida so roll on Tuesday and I have Wynneth coming round to play again later - all is definitely right in my world and I hope it is in your own too. Again, I look forward to any comments you would care to share with me and thanks for looking.

4 comments:

Debs M x said...

Kathy i love them all for different reasons but they are all gorgeous! x

scrappyjacky said...

Gorgeous ATCs,Kathy...just love those Hero Arts ones. Thanks again for sending us your weather....it is in the 20s here....pretty good for October....and lots of gardening done.

Lauren Hatwell said...

Beware English ladies bearing trolleys...

I'm LOVING those cards and ATC's. Your new stamps are SO lovely. I really can't choose a favourite today. Glad to see you're putting your time to good use our Kathy. Lx

Lilian said...

Glad you are having a good time. Weather here is great as well. Cards are lovely. Take care lilian x