Monday, 25 October 2010

Hi there, Monday morning and all's well!


with my world anyway, though my poor friend, Lauren, was struggling with her electrics yesterday and has, apparently, woken to no electrics at all today!! Her electrician will be with her . . . . tomorrow!! BLIMEY - I hope she cooks with gas (offhand I can't remember).


And this explains why Lauren has been unable to post the regular Sunday themed challenge over on Craftbubble's Craft Mad & Loving It Group.


Still, I've been keeping myself amused by making ATC's. I have quite a number of crafting pen pals with whom I swap ATC's and I usually return home to find quite a selection waiting for me to reply to and send swaps. I've made quite a few this trip, having a buddy to craft with certainly helped too (thanks Wynneth).
This particular ATC was made using newly acquired stash and a donated punched butterfly (again with the Thanks Wynneth!). I took my ATC blank and a piece of DCWV patterned card which had previously been distressed and torn and was ALMOST the perfect size - so using my Brilliance ink pad in gold I coloured the exposed section of my blank before edging the torn piece with memento ink in Lilac Posies (?!). I stamped my My Favourite Things image on white card using memento grape jelly and coloured in using my limited range of pro markers and copics. I also stamped the sentiment in grape jelly and then cut round both the image and sentiment. My butterfly was part of a punched border so I separated that and then, using my zig two way glue pen applied gold glamour dust to the butterfly. I also highlighted the cup cake and tiara using holographic stickles before finishing my ATC with three faux gemstones. Hope you like it.
Whatever you find yourself doing today, have a good one and, Lauren, I hope you get your electrics sorted soon!
Till next post peeps!
Kathy

2 comments:

Dora said...

Awww what a cute stamp Kathy, she is so sweet xx

jackid said...

Hi Kathy love the ATC very fetching and like the paper too I have actually finished my ironing now so after tea I will get my craft stuff out hubby wants me to make some xmas invites for him he's had a brain wave lol anyway enjoy the rest of your stay take care
luv
Jacki xx