Tuesday, 26 October 2010

Hi there readers

Sorry about the satellite delay between posts but I've had a busy day or so.....




Yesterday we headed off early after lunch for a ride round with the intention of heading to Tony Romas for dinner. We stopped off at all sorts of places on the way including Michaels (go figure!) and Home Depot (like B&Q). Monday is endless ribs day at Tony Romas but, having studied the menu we opted for the fillet steak medallions with a half rack of ribs - the perfect solution!!




On the way back home we decided to play tourists and I took a few photos, from the car, as we passed SeaWorld. One is of the entrance to SeaWorld and the other is of two rides within SeaWorld, one being the journey to Atlantis (the building you can see) and is a water ride and the other is Kraken which is a roller coaster. I have done both rides in the past but Steve has only done the water ride - he doesn't care much for roller coasters!
Today, I left early for a shopping day out with my neighbour, Sally, and we headed for the Premium Outlet mall at Little Lake Bryan. Now I would NOT call this THE most successful shopping trip Sally and I have ever had but we had a nice time and a good chance to chat whilst walking around. Of course, wouldn't you know it, today has been one of the hottest days so far and seems set to almost hit record temperatures!!! Perhaps not our best day to hit an outdoor mall and we might have preferred to go to the Florida mall because its indoors but hey . . . hindsight's a wonderful thing! We lunched in their food court and Sally opted for the Chinese special for $6.79 whereas I had a burrito which came in (with a drink) at less than $5.



When I got home Steve was just finishing off his painting (on the hottest day!!!!) and about to hit the shower so I guess I'll head to the post office shortly with a modest package to a couple of friends - look out in a week's time people! - you KNOW who you are!

I do hope you are all enjoying your virtual vacation and don't mind me sharing my photos with you - hope I'm not boring you all.

4 comments:

Dora said...

Not boring me at all Kathy. . . I loved seeing your photos of Sea World. Didn't go this year but we had visited the other time we went and loved it... I also had that chinese special..yum it was really good :)

Craftyrose said...

Of course you're not boring us all Kathy! Good lord! Love seeing your photos and musings even if I don't always get time to comment. I suspect that the owners of the packages had trouble with suitcases did they?!!!! LOL I wouldn't be surprised! Anyway sounds like you have had a super day. I have been frozen at work as Mr scrooge has no heating whatsoever in my office ( fridge) and I have had to work with gloves on today! At one point I went over to the main office to search for a long reach stapler so I could stay there and warm up. Could I ask for a bit of your warmth? It might send all the bugs that are lurking in the west country away! xxxx

Brenda Brown said...

Looks soooo good Kathy - we could do with some of your sun at the moment, it's been horribly cold and wet here today. Lovely to see your pics and know what you are up to. B xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Ooooh,I thought I recognised TR's. Dirty mash (is that what its called?), a beer and ribs with the Bourbon sauce pleased...slurpy slurp. I still have a couple of Tony Roma's wet wipe thingies in my bag just in case of emergencies.... Awwww, I'm welling up....

Very much enjoying my virtual holiday Kathy. Keep those piccies coming. Lx