Monday, 18 October 2010

Morning and welcome to another week readers

Hi folks,




Hope you all had a fabulous weekend and that you didn't get too cold/wet/all of the above.




Naturally, here in sunny Florida it was warm (and sunny) most of the weekend - sorry! Last night we had a pretty nice sunset too.





It was a lovely day yesterday, spent reading, crafting, spending time by the pool and then a little light retail therapy down at Posner Park. Steve's been eyeing up plasma TV's but we just can't justify one so we just went window shopping. I sneaked in to Michaels and bought another of those fab Hampton Art glue Pads so that I can take one home with me . . .




Back home for dinner, chicken salad with french bread followed by (a little bit early I know but . . . ) stohllen!! Love it, but probably shouldn't eat it.
Also managed just a little crafting with this little ATC. I bought some stamps from Violettes by a manufacturer I wasn't previously familiar with . . . The Cats Pyjamas and both stamps used on this ATC are from the same set. I chose to use the brilliant post it note (sticky note) method and distress inks in Wild Honey, Barn Door and Fired Brick within the masked off area. I then stamped the image and sentiment in black versafine ink before applying the Hampton Art Glue to the Happy New Year Cat and overstamping the black image. I then sprinkled, liberally, crstal glamour dust over the image - fabulously twinkly! I then rounded three of the corners and used my Martha Stewart corner punch from the scallop 3 dot punch around the page set. I hope you like it as much as I do - in fact, I'm really not sure I shall want to part with it!




How did you spend your weekend then? What's on the agenda for this week too?




We're meeting up with Karen, Dave, Becky and Kris and also Wynneth and Tom for dinner. We're heading to Perkins - we've never eaten dinner at Perkins before, so that will be a new one for us. There may be photos!, so you might want to check back and see how we got on. Hard to imagine it's already October 18th and that Wynneth and Tom have been here over two weeks and Karen and her family a little over a week.

4 comments:

Debs M x said...

love it! i can see why you don't want to give it away. could you do a tutorial about the post it notes?
hope you have a great time with Karen, Wynneth and gang x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Time sure flies when you're having fun doesn't it. Glad to hear it was another fun filled weekend for you all in Florida. We've got all kinds of everything, weatherwise, at the moment so enjoy that sunshine. Love your sparkly cat ATC. Purrrrrfick! (Sorry, somebody had to say it and I have NO shame...). The punched corner is a really nice touch.

Lx

jackid said...

Love the ATC Kathy but I REALLY love that sunset I wish I was there it looks beautiful as you have already seen on my blog it's more xmas cards for me this week and hopefully by the end of it I will be up to date lol enjoy your Dinner at perkins
Jackixx

Dora said...

Hi Kathy, I love your shiny and cute ATC .. so nice to hear about your days there in sunny Florida. We had some rain today, and now getting a bit cooler too. Yes, that stamp is from Inkadinkadoo and I had got that from Michaels's. Fab isn't it :) I think it's one of my best buys!!! I love it xx