Thursday, 28 October 2010

Morning and welcome to a rather FOGGY (!) Thursday

Look what we woke up to this morning!! Oh My - not what we expect here in sunny Florida - it normally burns off before 10:00 but it's nearly 9:30 now and no sign of it shifting yet!




There ARE cows out there (we can hear them!) but we sure can't see them - hope they can see one another.




Last night we didn't feel like dinner, having enjoyed the endless soup, salad and bread sticks at the Olive Garden at lunchtime and just chowed down on a cheese roll mid evening. Nothing on TV so we found ourselves watching BBC America where the new show was found to be "I'd do anything"! Sir Andrew Lloyd Webbers search to find a Nancy and Oliver for his "new" stage production! How weird was that?




Since I already knew who won that one I did find I was only watching with half an eye and the other one was crafting!
I came up with this, my fourth sketchie of the week and yes, it's another Christmas card for my collection but then . . . the twist did say BERRY BRIGHTS! The spotty and striped papers are from the DCWV Christmas stack of patterned papers and the plain green panel was part of a half pound of card I bought ages ago when I was just building my stash (Walmart I think). The patterned triangle and the holly images were a magazine freebie and I even decoupaged one layer (yes, I had THAT much as a freebie!) and the ribbon was some dark green organza acquired on a previous foray in to Michaels. I rounded the corners (my Fiskars double size corner rounder) on the two backing panels and used my Martha Stewart "round the page" set (gonna get lots of use out of this set) of punches. I had one odd red gem left so teamed it with two crystal faux gemstones and there you have my fourth sketchie of the week - hope you like it.
Again, thinking of my poorly pals, Rosie and Sue and thinking of my friend Naomi too today.
Hope you are still enjoying your virtual vacation - not like you'll see much today my fellow virtual tourists! Have a TOTALLY great Thursday

6 comments:

My name is Wynneth said...

don't know what happened to my first comment, it's just disappeared :O(

We never did get to The Olive Garden this trip - maybe next time!!!!!!

hugs
wynneth
x

jackid said...

Well that is a shock for Florida but I bet it's still better than the fog over here.It's grey and wet here today. Love the card!

scrappyjacky said...

Glad to see the weather isn't always perfect in Florida!!!
Your xmas card box must be almost full now.

Brenda Brown said...

Amazing to see fog like that - thought you had suddenly arrived back in England when I first saw it.
Great card - you have really got the technique for using the MS punches - I still haven't tried mine.
Hope you are having a good day.
Luv B xxxx

Kathyk said...

Brenda - My first set of round the page punches appeared without the instruction sheet and I found it tremendously vexing. Second set had the instruction sheet (with the all important measurements) which made it sooooo very much easier.
Jacky - we've had no rain in a month which is bad news for the lawns and we've had to top up the pool twice too. The fog was slow in burning off but it's gone now.

Lauren Hatwell said...

Mmmmmm, the Olive Garden is well worth a visit Wynneth.

OMG just look at that fog. Where are the cows? Hope they had their fog lights on...tee hee!

LOVE that dragon stamp Kathy. Its just brilliant. Great card and those papers are fab. Oh I DO love that dragon...

Lx