Saturday, 9 October 2010

Morning and welcome to the weekend dear readers

For those of you following my craftapaloozathon then I do hope that you will scroll down so you don't miss my late night post of yesterday - this whole five hours behind thing is tough to deal with - which is probably why I was wide awake at 05:00 on Thursday morning and about 06:30 yesterday morning. I was shattered last night and the bolt fell out of my neck around 10:00 so imagine my delight when I woke up this morning a few minutes AFTER 07:00 - nine whole hours of blissfully uninterrupted sleep - not even that noisy fellow (the bob white quail) could have woken me!!!!


A beautiful sunset last night and I captured the view from our pool deck - I'm hopeful of catching still nicer sunsets whilst we're here so do watch out for one . . .



Anyway, being Saturday you will know that this means that, over on craftbubble's Craft Mad & Loving It group it is SKETCHIE DAY and this weeks sketch has been presented by the lovely Rosie and she came up with the cunning twist of "Red, white, glitter and swirls" which, given my limited stash here in the sunshine state, proved a little trickier than I at first thought - no red card or paper (I don't count the small die cut scalloped oval used int he project and which I brought out with me!). Here is Rosie's super sketch and then my own version - I'm none too happy with my perfect pearling! as I normally try to clean up the excess better but the static due to the presence of the stix2 DST was just too much!!! I used a clear Hero Arts swirl stamp on both the oval and the background, a Penny Black clear star stamp on the red oval & base panel and my fab inkadinkado Santa stamp. Add in holographic glitter, Distress inks, perfect pearls, some Michael's red ribbon and a couple of clear faux gemstones and you basically have the recipe for my card!


Not sure whether us craftapalooza-ites are meeting up today or not, we haven't made plans other than that we will talk today . . . . it's a nice day for lounging round on the pool deck!


Anyway, thanks for checking out my blog and I look forward, as always, to reading your comments.

6 comments:

Debs M x said...

great card, enjoy your day whatever you decide to do x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Yoohoo! Hope you're having a fab day in sunny Florida. I think your perfect pearling is, well, PERFECT. Fabulous swirls. They really work and you've kept to the theme AND the sketch. I'm very impressed. Lx

scrappyjacky said...

Lounging by the pool sounds a wonderful idea...we did manage a BBQ today....catching the last of the summer sun.

clare said...

hope you are having a great day! that piccie is gorgeous. great take on this weeks sketchie too. x

xxxtglxxx said...

sounds like you are having a brilliant time! :) Beautiful photograph btw.

Enjoy yourself, sleep when you can, but make the most of every minute xxalisonxx

Lilian said...

Another nice card Kathy. Hope you weekend is great, Take care Lilian x