Monday, 4 October 2010

Morning readers and welcome to the start of another week

Craftbubble is back up - hoo blooming ray!! Been off since Friday, bit of a nuisance since there are challenges on both Saturdays and Sunday's - thank heavens we have a back up plan in the shape of the Craft Mad & Loving It blog because at least we were able to chat and find the challenge.


Anyway, since the weather was so manky yesterday I spent a lot of it ironing, doing laundry, visiting friends (out incidentally!) and crafting ........ so here's the last thing I completed yesterday, not for a challenge - just for me! and to make use of some of my new stash - hope you like it. I used TWO (how extravagant) pieces of my fab double sided Costco papers (and there's still an absolute load left) and distressed the edges of both pieces, also inking in D.I. Faded Jeans. I stamped my new Paper Artsy collage stamp in memento ink (Tuxedo Black) before using distress inks in: Spun Sugar, Tea Dye, Victorian Velvet, Faded Jeans and (after distressing the edges) a little Black Soot. I positioned the narrow black organza ribbon around the blue panel before adhering my image panel and tied it in to a bow. Having adhered my layout on to my C6 cream base card I then placed a couple of black faux pearls in the centre of the dials on the clock face and two more bottom right on the cream base card - Voila! There you have it!
I'm off out to meet up with a pal for lunch today and to giver her a birthday present - we're meeting at Hobbycraft but I don't INTEND to buy anything - having been to the craft show on Saturday!!!, but we'll see!
Whatever your plans are for this sunny Monday I do hope you will enjoy your day and do check back with my bloglet later to see if I succumbed!!!

4 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Love this,Kathy....those new stamps are great....perfect colours as well.

jackid said...

Morning Kathy Have a great lunch with your today but I bet you do end up buying something from Hobbycraft I think they put a spell on you when you walk through the doors because I have never gone in and not brought anything
luv Jacki xx

Lilian said...

I like the card Kathy and the colour is nice as well. You will have more cards than you know what to do with. Take care lilian

Lauren Hatwell said...

Well worth the TWO papers if I may make so bold Kathy. Its utterly, droolingly, delicious. I LOVE IT! Its got just the right amount of everything if you ask me.

Lauren x