Thursday, 14 October 2010

Morning!!

and welcome to another lovely day in sunny Florida.




Yesterday I went shopping with my neighbour Sally, we didn't venture anywhere too exotic just in to Kissimmee. Sally bought a couple of things and we had a good old browse before lunching at a place I'd not tried before, Friendlys . . . and they were, friendly that is! We both had something called a fishamajig which appears to be a toasted sandwich with a white fish fillet, cheese and tartare sauce within - sadly, it came with fries AND an ice cream sundae - oh my - I hate waste!!! No danger of that then!







Now Sally deemed to think I may have been exaggerating when I said that I pretty much always have my camera with me . . . . wrong!!!! So, here is Sally!




Anyway, we had to break off our shopping as Sally had to go collect her grandchildren from school so I came home. Steve had the idea that it would be nice to go visit a model shop in north Orlando. Since I've done major damage to the credit card on the crafting front (but strangely still well within the acceptable limits to return to the U.K. with) it seemed only fair that he should have the opportunity too so off we went . . . and now here's a funny thing, there is a newly opened branch of HobbyLobby not too far from his model shop AND I had a 40% discount voucher (does anyone ever pay full price?). He was successful in his model store but all I bought in HobbyLobby was some gold Glamour Dust - I can only think that I must have been all shopped out after our MAJOR craft shop yesterday (that's me, Becky, Karen and Wynneth!) The Interstate 4 was a car park so we tooled back down one of the other routes before picking up the Beachline and then the I4 much further south. As we exited the I4 this was the exit ramp and I must say that it looks way better than my local motorway exit (M32) . . . . whaddya think?







Once safely back home I decided it was time to do some crafting so . . . armed with one of the super images Wynneth let me stamp up yesterday, my new Christmas DCWV stack of papers and some stickles . . . . (oh, nearly forgot that I used the new Martha Stewart double edge punch and my Barn Door Distress Ink too) I made yet another Christmas card . . .



Today, we're lounging round the pool deck this morning and then off to Winter Garden Village where we'll probably have an early dinner before coming home via the wonderful Gaylord Palms for a drink - you have to check back for photo's of that particular hotel!!!!!

2 comments:

Lilian said...

Very nice card Kathy, Glad you are having fun and you are right I to hate waste. Take care lilian

Lauren Hatwell said...

Oh what a lovely card. I really love that Penny Black image. Gorgeous papers too.

Don't forget to have a Mojito for me at the Gaylord Palms. A big hello to Wynneth and Tom (and to the lovely Sally).

Have a great day.

Lauren x