Friday, 22 October 2010

T.G.I. Friday

Friday again already and this morning my dear hubby decided that he fancied going out to breakfast!! OMG! Well, many of you may already know that American portions are far from stingy and, most evenings, we've had a good sized dinner and not really been up for a cooked brekkie too but we just had an Arby's last night (roast beef sandwich) so had left a little room. This was our best hope this vacation AND I found an offer for the buffet at the Golden Corral so off we went . . . I had the pork chop, spinach quiche, corned beef hash and hash browns followed by two small (BUT SUPER YUMMY) pancakes one with blueberries and the other with . . . chocolate chips - mmmmmmmmmm and now think it might be tomorrow before I eat again!



Anyway, that's my excuse for the lateness of this post!, sorry




Other than that, what have I been doing? Well, lazing by the pool, finishing my Andy McNab book (Exit Wound is the title btw) and a little crafting. Having done a little Christmas shopping for my neighbour yesterday and today we had to buy a little box to make up, in order to camouflage said gift for Sally and Roger - can't have them guessing what's inside in November and then having to wait until December 25th to look so not surprised!, so I've made a gift tag for said present, which I am hoping they will love. I used the DCWV Christmas stack and the image is from a clear set by Reflections. I also used distress inks round the edges of the tag and image and also my Martha Stewart punch.



I have also made another Christmas card - I'm trying to keep up with Wynneth's dad, Andy, who seems to be on a mission to make Christmas cards! The image is by Inkadinkado, I got to use the last of the free Christmas papers, some metallix DCWV card stack and some silver grey organza ribbon tied in to a bow, my Martha Stewart round the page punch and some faux gemstones.

And then I decided to make another . . . being on a bit of a roll!! Still trying to complete my Christmas cards BEFORE Christmas this year, I was still making them up till Christmas eve last year and I don't want to be doing that again. This one sort of grew organically as I didn't intend to use the green DCWV Christmas paper stack and I didn't intend to use the Penny Black clear stamp sentiment OR image - I had quite another card in mind - didn't I? Still, I quite like the way it turned out even if I did take the top off the Crystal glamour Dust and then change my mind to the gold - I prefer the gold on this one, though you can see colour through the GD you would probably never guess I initially stamped it in Brilliance Crimson and green before overstamping in the Hampton Art Glue pad and then glittering. Now come on, own up, you wouldn't - would you?



Sorry there isn't much more to show you but we've had a real lazy day (except for cleaning round the pool tiles) and nothing of interest to photograph! Even the cows haven't been seen today!



Now, Halloween is fast approaching and I have a little Halloween e-card (which some of you may have seen already as I may have e-mailed you this link) but please click here and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Have a super weekend everyone.

4 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Kathy that tag is A-MAZING. I really love that and I know Sally and Roger will too. The lovely traditional Santa was made for that gorgeous DCWV paper. Ooooh!

Beautiful card and if I was close enough I would HAVE to swipe that scrumptious ribbon for sure. Really must crack on with my cards too. You and andy are putting us to shame... Lx

scrappyjacky said...

Love the tag,Kathy....that is gorgeous.
I remember those American breakfasts....we only managed 2 the whole time we were in Florida.

Fleur said...

Kathy, sounds like your still very busy. Your tag is stunning.
Big HUGZ Fleur xXx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Ooh La LAAAAA! Fabby. We are having lots of fun with the Halloween card... Lx