Saturday, 16 October 2010

This five hour time difference is really messing with my head!!

I never really know when the best time to post is . . . so I'm typing this on Friday evening here in Florida, secure in the knowledge it's Saturday in the U.K.. I keep missing my friend and neighbour Debbie too! She's rung me here three times and I've rung her too - missing each other each and every time - fortunately, we got to chat today! It's great to be here but it's also great to be able to catch up with mates.




Anyhoo, the remote control on our TV was broken so we headed off to Haines City this afternoon to the local offices of Bright House Networks - in there all of about thirty seconds, the clerk just handed us a replacement. Most unfortunate but, when we got home, this one was even dead-er (is that a real word?) than the one we returned - BUM! Guess that means another trip on Monday . . . .





Still, got a bit of crafting done today . . .




I made this card using my new round the page Martha Stewart punch some black card, some rust self adhesive DCWV card a piece from the Old World DCWV card stack and some white ribbed card, duly distressed with Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Tea Dye and Black Soot before double stamping my clear Penny Black Iris in black and then the Hampton Art glue pad before sprinkling crystal glamour dust and then finishing off with three black faux gems.






Additionally, Jacques Cousteau finally obtained the bulb for our in pool light and replaced it so now we can take a dip after dark - might scare the wildlife though!!!



Of course, as my regular readers will know, Saturday is Sketchie Day so do please check back later to check out the sketch set by one of the talented Design Team over on Craftbubble's Craft Mad & Loving It group and also to see what I make of the sketch.



I'm also out to dinner tomorrow with my lovely U.S. neighbours, Sally and Roger - we're heading off to the Santa Fe restaurant and I'm looking forward to a nice steak, some peanuts and would you believe - DOLLAR BEERS!!! I shall take my camera!



1 comment:

Lauren Hatwell said...

What a pain about the remote....hmph! Gorgeous card though Kathy. I love those colours together. Very elegant. Great action shot of Jacque's retrieval operation. Glad to hear order is restored. Catch you later. Lx