Friday, 1 October 2010

Welcome to Friday - the weekend starts here!

Morning readers and welcome to October - it's like winter out there again today. It's almost 09:00 and I still have the light on, it's windy and the rain is banging on the windows - YUCK. For two pins I wouldn't step outside the door today ......... and yet I have a hair appointment and this afternoon hubby and I are off to my Aunt and Uncles with some bits and pieces so we are out much of the day . . . in this!!!! DUH! Hope it's better where you are. FYI, this is my 200th post!! YAY!



Anyway, over on the Scrap Addicts group on Craftbubble I am the guest designer of this month's new scrap layout sketch so ..... here it is! This month I tried doing my sketch a different way (I normally design it on my PC and then make my project) and did my layout and then used it to base my sketch on - it does mean that I am also able to post my layout today rather unusually. I have only made one relatively easy twist and this is to only use one piece of patterned paper - easy peasy isn't it? If you fancy having a go then pop over here and check it out.



In the meantime, here is the layout I came up with, using photographs taken at the weekend, of my neighbour's daughter setting off to start her married life! As you can see, I used a piece of my Colossal Paper stack (lilac with hearts) as it just seemed perfect - the brides chosen contrast colour was purple! I fiddled with the photographs in MSOffice word and got my shaped piccies with a 10% blurred outline (easier to cut round!), printed off my title and modest amount of journalling and then mounted on purple pearlised card (offcuts from the central scalloped circle which I cut using a recent template purchase). I used a strip of hologram silver card and a piece of lilac organza ribbon finishing off the layout with seven dark purple faux gemstones. I also printed these photos off in 6" x 4" format and gave to the brides mother yesterday, she was delighted as she had left the house when all of these had been taken.
And now for the Friday Funny ................... this week provided to me by ScrappyJacky - thanks Jacky

The Lone Ranger and Tonto

The Lone Ranger and Tonto stopped in the desert for the night. After they got their tent all set up, both men fell sound asleep. Some hours later, Tonto wakes the Lone Ranger and says, "Kemo Sabe, look towards sky, what you see?"

The Lone Ranger replies, "I see millions of stars."

"What that tell you?" asked Tonto.

The Lone Ranger ponders for a minute the says, "Astronomically speaking, it tells me there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, it tells me that Saturn is in Leo. Time wise, it appears to be approximately a quarter past three in the morning. Theologically, it's evident the Lord is all-powerful and we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically , it seems we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. What's it tell you,Tonto?"

Tonto is silent for a moment, then says,

"Kemo Sabe, you dumber than buffalo poo. It means someone stole tent!!!!!."

2 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Lovely LO and sketch there Kathy. Can't wait to play with that little beauty. Lx

Brenda Brown said...

Hope you've had a good day Kathy, where has the week gone? I love your scrapbook LO, wish I had time to have a go with it.
Never heard that friday funny - it's a good one.
Please pop over to my blog, I have left something for you.
Luv B xxxx