Saturday, 16 October 2010

Welcome to Sketchie Day!!

Morning peeps,





As you all know by now, Saturday is Sketchie Day over on craftbubble and this week's sketch has been set by fellow craftapalooza-ite, Karen, and a very lovely sketch it is too. The twist this week is to feature snowflakes - not hard since most of us are firmly entrenched in making our Christmas cards. I am in Florida presently (as most of you also know) and only have access to limited stash but, luckily, I did get to Michael's in Lakeland recently and found some iridescent snowflakes that I have been on the trail of ....... for well over a year. Equally lucky that I bought several packs because I don't think I could sacrifice many otherwise!!!!






And so, here is my take on this super sketch.. I did have a rather strange start since I stamped and glittered a lovely candy cane image before deciding not to go ahead with it - still not sure why but hey . . . . my crafting has always been a tad organic and sometimes takes twists. I stamped an Inkadinkado swirl (using the Hampton Art glue pad) on a piece of burgundy card and applied gold glamour dust before mounting on white card. I rounded the corners on all the card and paper used today. I cut two narrow panels of the same burgundy card. I stamped my Penny Black clear pine bough in black versafine ink on white card and then again in the H.A. glue pad and again applied gold glamour dust before mounting on burgundy card and likewise stamped my sentiment on white then burgundy. I used a piece of DCWV winter paper stack as the backing paper and then attached two of my fab iridescent snowflakes as the twist was "snowflakes" - hope you like it.


Here's a second sketchie for the day and I think that's probably my lot for this week. I stamped the candy cane in red chalk ink and then overstamped using the clear glue pad before sprinkling crystal glamour dust. I used a piece of red DCWV card as my backing paper and then panels of burgundy and red snowflake DCWV paper from this years winter stack. Again, two more of my precious iridescent snow flakes too.



Hope you are all enjoying your Saturday and that, hopefully, it's warmed up a bit where you are.

It's turning in to a beautiful day here and this is the view from my pool deck, morning cows!!

2 comments:

Lilian said...

It is cold here Kathy, going to put the heat on in awhile.
Another nice card.
Take care lilian

Lauren Hatwell said...

You see I just KNEW that candy cane card would be absolutely gorgeous too...and I was SO RIGHT! Lovely job Kathy. Lx