Saturday, 30 October 2010

Well, been busy this morning

Busy doing next to nothing that is.
As I mentioned in my earlier post, it's sketchie over on craftbubble's Craft Mad & Loving It group and I posted the sketch earlier too so - if you haven't seen it then please scroll down so you don't miss it. The Guest Design Team Member who presented the sketch this week is our very own DEBS and she set the added twist of "Going Postal" . . . well this had me stumped for quite a while I can tell you and, if I'm honest, I wasn't 100% happy with the resulting first card . . .



I used patterned papers from my DCWV Christmas stack and gorgeous green glitter card from another DCWV card stack. I cut a 10cm x 7cm panel of white card and stamped my "Special Delivery", a "Dec 25th", a "Santa Claus Lane" and a North Pole" stamp - all by Inkadinkado - to mimic an envelope, choosing to hand write the To. Santa, in gold pen. For my stamp, I traced round the scallop border punched on another piece of card and cut it out, distressed it using Antique Linen, wrote the word FIRST across the top of the stamp and then stamped my holly image. Once I'd stuck my stamp on the "envelope" I drew wavy lines from the Dec 25th to mimic a "postmark", rounded the corners and stuck it down.



As I said, I wasn't 100% happy with this cobbled together sketchie so, given that all the DCWV stacks come with several sheets of each design, I thought I would have another go . . .
I cut another similar sized panel of white card and rounded the corners using my Fiskars double sized corner punch before setting to work with my distress inks in Wild Honey, Barn Door and Fired Brick to colour the panel before stamping my sentiment and reindeer (both by Inkadinkado) in black versafine ink. I then stamped the reindeer once more using the Hampton Art Glue Pad (which is fab btw but the pad doesn't stay moist very long so top up "little and often" would be my tip if you have one!) before sprinkling crystal glamour dust over him to make him twinkly. I then finished my card off by adding two crystal and two red faux gemstones.
I hope you like them both but I certainly prefer the second one. Sorry, Debs, it's not because I didn't care for your sketch or twist, honestly.

2 comments:

Debs M x said...

Kathy they are both lovely, i know you have limited stash so don't worry! the sentiment and reindeer look gorgeous with those colours x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Both great cards but your second one really shines. I LOVE that reindeer image. Isn't he magnificent. Really very fond of those delicious backing papers too. Top job Your Purpleness.... Lx