Thursday, 18 November 2010

2nd post for Tuesday - please scroll down for the earlier post

Well, all this lack of crafting has made me want to craft!! Go figure - so this afternoon, whilst hubby was out, I decided to finish the triangular box I started yesterday and also make the challenge trading card my buddy on the Isle of Skye had sent me materials for.



Regular readers of my blog will know that Pam and I exchange ATC's and, to make it a bit more interesting, I once made an ATC but sent her an ATC blank and identical materials and challenged her to make a trading card from them and send it to me (with materials of her own) at which time I would send back my original. It was an interesting experiment and, with one or two exceptions, our ATC's have always been vastly different. We've been doing this now for almost exactly four years so Happy Anniversary Pam, if you are reading this (sadly, I don't think she does) and it continues to work well for us. Please see the selection of materials Pam mailed to me whilst I was away.



And here is the ATC I made using those materials. I used a clear glue and glittered the stamped image using red/green and crystal glitter, then I took the strip of red card and gave it the Martha Stewart PATP treatment. The ribbon was wire edged so I tied a bow and then cut the ends in a "V". There was a short length left so I cut one end in to a "V" and made the extra tail! Once the glitter was dry I punched a hole in the centre of the stamped image and positioned the brad before gluing the project on to a black ATC - hope you (and Pam, of course) approve.



If you read my post this morning and maybe even looked at the link to the Split Coast Stampers web site then you will be aware that I was making a gift box. My Christmas wrap this year is black and gold themed and I had a small-ish odd shaped gift that this idea seemed perfect for so took my A4 black card and measured an 11" x 5½" panel for this box. I had some organza ribbon (OK it was more bronze than bright gold but . . . .) too so all I needed was the gift tag. I had this fab little snowman which I acquired from Lakeland Art and Glass (Florida) trip before last which I stamped up in memento tuxedo black and coloured using pro markers and stickles diamond glitter glue. I also die cut two scalloped ovals, one in a toning card and one in black. I ran the toning oval through the die cutter inside a Papermania Christmas embossing folder and then assembled my gift tag. I then punched a hole in it and threaded my ribbon (which had previously been threaded through two punched holes in my gift box - to close it) and tied in a bow to finish the gift wrapping. Just gotta hope my friend likes it. The box took only minutes to make but the tag . . . . much longer!!



Must be feeling better if I can be faffed . . . don't you think?

2 comments:

My name is Wynneth said...

This is fabulous Kathy and I'm sure the recipient will be over the moon with the packaging :O) Good to see you are in the mood for crafting again - must mean you're on the mend me thinks?
hugs
wynneth
x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Tee Hee. I was going to say the same thing. Your projects are SO STYLISH. I love that gorgeous gift box and so will your friend. The ribbon is so pretty and that little snow man is just the cutest...

Lx