Saturday, 20 November 2010

2nd post of the day - don't forget to check out my earlier post!!

Just a quickie because I'm in the middle of watching Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone on ITV!! Just wanted to post my sketchie card for the "Night before Christmas" theme . . .


I used a C6 card and covered it with a piece of green check DCWV paper from the 2010 Christmas stack. I had a piece of green paper just a little smaller so this was perfect for my poinsettia M.S. PATP treatment. I stamped my stocking image in black and then die cut the circle before using bundled sage to colour it. I cut a larger circle of gold mirri card and embossed this with a papermania embossing folder. I cut along the top of the stocking image and pushed through a short length of green/gold ribbon as the hanger!, before adhering to the embossed circle. I attached a piece of matching ribbon (in cream and gold) top to bottom of the green panels before attaching the image panel and then finishing off with three fabulous iridescent snowflakes (from Michaels) and then highlighting areas with Diamond Stickles. Hope you like it!


Enjoy your Saturday everyone.

6 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Lovely,bright xmas card,Kathy.

Debs M x said...

looks fab Kathy x

Lauren Hatwell said...

I love the beautiful greens and the frame you've used. Those snowflakes are just gorgeous...and you in a weakened state too...I am SO impressed. Lx

Fleur said...

Fab card Kathy, love the sparkle
Hugz fleur xXx

Brenda Brown said...

HI Kathy - sorry you haven't been well and sorry I haven't been over to see you - but I am still alive, just. I have had the girls today so must catch up with paperwork tomorrow, and I am determined to still keep the creating and making going. Work continues to take all of my other time and will for another week or so. I will be back to commenting more regularly soon. Thankyou for staying in touch with me.
Take care.
Luv {brenda} xox

My name is Wynneth said...

Lovely stocking card Kathy, great colours. Hope Steve is feeling better soon and that your own germies will be well and truly gone in the near future.
hugs
wynneth
x