Monday, 1 November 2010

2nd post of the day, please scroll down to read my earlier post

Blimey, what a nice lazy old day so far. We've done very little except just veg about a bit. Hubby's wandered about a bit waving a paintbrush and roller, doing little bits of touch up painting. I sat out on the pool deck and carried on with my book a bit - currently reading a book called NEW YORK by Edward Rutherfurd, which I found in the house when we arrived. Whilst it's not RIVETING it IS quite interesting and I might actually check out some of the others he's written. His books are fictional but include much which is fact based - if that makes sense.



Anyway, I also managed a little card . . . . I wanted to do another challenge card based on Debs splendid "COMMUNICATION" theme over on craftbubble's Craft Mad & Loving It group. I do only have the one image that would be even faintly suitable so it's the same on as previously posted on my blog yesterday as an ATC so I wanted to make it different. I opted for a card this time and decided to use much brighter materials. I stamped my image and sentiment (both by Hero Arts) using Versafine black ink (which, btw doesn't react terribly well with the lighter colours of copic and pro markers) and then coloured, carefully, with said markers before cutting out in geometric sort of angles, did the same with the sentiment. I then took a couple of pieces of DCWV card (from the delicious Nanas kids stack). The argyle piece was cut to 5" x 3.25" and edged with my Martha Stewart round the page punches and then mounted on to plain green card which was then rounded and adhered to the embossed purple polka dot DCWV card (to which the matching MS corner punch had been used, to co-ordinate) after first knotting fine satin ribbon in dusky purple and green. I then finished the card with the adhesion of four small crystal faux gemstones - one at each corner and there you have my second challenge!!




Anyway, after much laziness we have decided to shower and head off out to get a Christmas present for my neighbours, which I then intend to wrap and leave with them. Usually we chicken out and purchase a gift card of some description which we can mail with their Christmas cards but this year I knew of two things I wanted to get . . . so we just need a little something for Roger and then I'm set and can wrap the gift. One down, loads more to go!!! How are you all getting on with your Christmas shopping? Or is is still too early?




Anyway, I also HAPPENED across a 50% voucher for Michaels .................... so just might!!!, whilst I'm out - after all, it IS a sin to waste it - am I right Wynneth and Karen?




Hope you are all enjoying your Monday - is it just me or is it hard to believe it's November already? AND only 53 days to Christmas!!!

4 comments:

Debs M x said...

gorgeous, and yes it would be rude to leave that voucher unused x

Lauren Hatwell said...

53 days to Christmas! Arrrrrgh! Good job I've started my Christmas Shopping then... Phew! Fab project there Kathy. I do love that stamp; its LOVELY!

Enjoy your shopping trip. Lx

My name is Wynneth said...

mmmmm... lazing by the pool reading a good book - now I could go for that BIG TIME!!

Congratulations on finding the 50% voucher - you HAVE to use it, just tell Steve "wynneth made me do it!!!!!!" Any idea what you're going to use it on? Lovely card BTW, that's a really cute image :O) Well, I have started my christmas shopping - with a gift for myself!! Yay, my new camera arrived this morning. Had a little play with us, but need to read the manual on the CD and learn how to use it!! I did take a couple of point and shoot pics and they look fine on the LCD - haven't downloaded them yet... watch this space..........
Good luck with your gift shopping :O)
hugs
wynneth
x

judie said...

how many days ??? I have done loads and loads of cards, but no food or present shopping yet, Im the nutter that runs around the shop on xmas eve lol

Love the card hun and that image is very cute xx