Tuesday, 2 November 2010

2nd post of the day, please scroll down to read my earlier post

I've scheduled this to post whilst I'm out . . . again! we're still looking for a Christmas present for our lovely neighbour, Roger. I have Sally's and a joint present but need something for Roger. I am finding this particularly hard as I'm not aware of any hobbies he has - it may have to be a shirt!



If you've missed my earlier post then please do scroll down . . . . .



Anyway. Steve has dismantled the shower this morning and cleaned it out behind the chrome wall mount, re-sealed it and replaced it on the wall all ready for the off so . . . by the time you read this we shall both have showered and gone out. We're thinking the outlet mall at the north end of International Drive (it used to be called Belz Factory outlet - catchy huh?) which is now called either Orlando Premium Outlet or Orlando Prime Outlet mall - the other one being just off the I4 at Little Lake Bryan - not like you are going to care much unless you've been to one or the other but just giving you a surfeit of information! Wish us luck with our shopping, when we arrived we weren't in a hurry because we had ages to achieve it but it's becoming more urgent daily as we head for home in a week - where HAS all this time gone? Let me know if you find it, it's probably hiding with Wynneth's mojo, which she swears she left behind at ours recently!!!


Been crafting again this morning as it's been raining, not hard but hard enough to stop me sitting out on the pool deck reading. Ah yes, I hear you cry - POOR YOU!!!!


One Christmas card and one Christmas ATC under my belt this morning. Both feature a clear stamp from the Inkadinkado set "Holiday Words" and some lovely blue card from the DCWV stack "Old World".



For the card I took my white blank and then cut a panel of blue DCWV card just slightly smaller, and using just the corner punch of the Martha Stewart round the page set, "prettied" the corners before adhering to my white card. I then took a piece of red from my DCWV Shimmer stack and cut a 4" x 4" panel and went round the panel with the rtp punch set. I stamped my snowflake image twice, in black and set one aside for my ATC. I cut round this one fairly closely and then adhered it in the centre of my red panel and then stuck the red panel on to my blue panel. I then highlighted with holographic stickles glue and attached two wonderful iridescent snowflakes (acquired from Michaels recently) and finally four faux crystal gemstones and there you have my finished card. BTW - I also stamped the image on to the envelope and highlighted that with my stickles too!



For the ATC I took an ATC blank and covered it with the blue DCWV Old World card before using my distress inks in Faded Jeans on both the edge of the ATC and round the edge of the now cut out snowflake image previously stamped. I adhered the image to the ATC before highlighting with stickles glue and adding four crystal faux gemstones - one in each corner and a faux pearl to the centre of the large snowflake.



As I said earlier in this post, Hubby and I are now out shopping for Christmas gifties and plan to eat at a favourite eaterie of ours - the Red Lobster, where they serve the most mouth watering cheese "biscuits" as an accompaniment - mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

5 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Two gorgeous projects there Kathy. Love the SnowFLAKES stamp and LURRRRRRVE that beautiful blue paper. Oooh, its scrummy!. Beautiful gems and pearls too! Have fun shopping Lx

Lilian said...

Went ot a red lobster in Canada lovely meals there. Have fun. Lovely card Kathy. Take care lilian

Dora said...

Hi Kathy.. lovely Christmas card and ATC ... the colours are beautiful, so snowy. Yes me too had gone to the Premium Outlets quite a few times... lots of Designer Clothes... love GUESS so much xx

My name is Wynneth said...

There!! I just knew you'd got my Mojo on your table of craftiness Kathy, you've excelled yourself with your two latest works of art!! Fabulous :O) I now really wish I'd also picked up some of those sparkly snowflakes - oh the regrets I'm having for being 'good' and not buying too much stash :O(

Hope you had fun shopping the outlets and found the pressie you were looking for. Surprise, surprise, we never ate in a Red Lobster (sadly for me!) Hope your meal was yummy :O) Shame about the rain today, but we have had some too!
hugs
wynneth
x

Brenda Brown said...

HI Kathy, hope you are having a good time out shopping and eating - the clocks have gone back and it's been a long evening with the nights now drawing in quickly - you won't know what's hit you when you get home. Love your card and ATC - I must get round to making them again - haven't for ages.
Luv B xxx