Thursday, 4 November 2010

2nd post of the day, please scroll down to read my earlier post

Me again, second post of the day so if you haven't seen my earlier post then please do take the time to scroll down and check it out - I love to read your comments too.


I decided to enter a challenge that ISN'T on craftbubble (I know, I know, calm down . . .) so decided to have a go at Challenge #39 over on the I Love Pro Marker blog where this week's theme is SNOWFLAKES. I happen to have some GORGEOUS snowflakes contained within the luscious Inkadinkado clear stamp set entitled "Holiday Silhouettes". I cut a piece of white card slightly smaller than my base card and used the wondrous Martha Stewart corner punch from a RTP set. I distressed the edges (just a smidge) with Faded Jeans before stamping my super duper snowflake using versamark ink and then dusting with a lovely blue mica powder and then setting with hairspray. I cut a 4" square panel from my DCWV SHIMMER stack and treated this to the RTP punching before mounting my Sarah Kay image (coloured using Pro Markers of course) on to this panel and then on to the treated panel and then attached the whole lot on to my base card and there you have my snowflake entry for ILPM - hope you like it.




I also notched up two ATC's this morning, the first one used up some strips of offcut card and paper. I then stamped my inkadinkado image (from the Holiday Silhouettes set) and coloured in just enough to make it interesting, highlighting areas using stickles glitter glue too. Once the glue was dry I attached my tree to my ATC and finished it off with four faux gemstones, one in each corner.






Next ATC featured my post-it technique (well, not mine actually, but Joanne Wardle's) using distress inks in weathered wood, faded jeans and dusty concorde. I stamped my sentiment in black ink and then my snowflake in Brilliance blue (stamping the first impression off the ATC so all images were paler) and highlighting with stickles glitter glue. I attached one faux crystal gemstone to the bottom point of my post it panel.





I hope you like my three "works of art" today and that your Thursday is going well. Wanting to send get well wishes to crafting pal Andy as he's a bit under the weather AND it's his birthday on the 6th so hope he's feeling better for that. And also get well wishes to two other crafting pals, Sue, recovering from surgery with complications and Rosie who broke a bone in her hand and is unable to craft because she's in plaster. FEEL BETTER SOON PEEPS!

7 comments:

Tine said...

Fab image Kathy, and you have coloured her beautifully. That mica certainly gives you sparkling snowflakes. Wonderful! Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
Tine :)

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Kathy, where do I start? Firstly all 3 projects are fab. Love the glitz on the card and those ATCs!! That tree is gorgeous with just that dash of colour and that post-it one .... adore it, that colour combo is beautiful
H x

Karen said...

Gorgeous Kathy, I love the shimmery background whast a shame it doesn't all show up on the picture, love what you've done with the punch too. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

Brenda Brown said...

So love that first ATC Kathy, it really atttracts me, but all 3 pieces are lovely. It's been a busy day for me so I am just catching up with blogs and comments.
Enjoy the rest of your day and evening.
Luv B xxx

Lilian said...

Love the cards Kathy Well done, Take care lilian

WeirdCat said...

Great card and ATC's, I love the red part of the background,thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
Ruth x

My name is Wynneth said...

Loving the new MS RTP punched effect on that layer Kathy, and what a great image too :O) Thanks for playing along with us on I ♥ Promarkers this week.

The other projects are just great too, especially the last one using the post-it technique :O)
hugs
wynneth
x