Thursday, 25 November 2010

2nd post of the day - please scroll down to read earlier post

How's your day going? I hear there's a fair bit of snow about in the N.E. of England and in Scotland so, if you have snow or slippery conditions, take care. Me? I prefer to enjoy snow through a window these days!!!


It's been bitterly cold here today but the sun has done it's level best to shine and to warm it up but it's still hat and scarf weather!



This morning I was crafting again and this afternoon hubby and I went to visit my Aunt and Uncle as we had brought back some "stuff" for them, from Florida. They were well pleased to see us and had got us a little giftie to say thank you for doing their shopping! It was a six pack of lager (allegedly for me!) and a walnut cake (for Steve as they found out it is one of his very favourites) - how kind. I ALSO found my friend's (Lilian) bracelet, which we believed lost at a Craft Fayre in early October. We went to Florida almost immediately afterwards and when I came home I had this wretched cold which stopped me going out in my car, it was purely by chance though as we went out in my car but with hubby driving so I was able to spot Lilians twinkly crystal (swaovski crystal no less) bracelet on the floor of my car. Lilian is now looking forward to being reunited with her bracelet in the near future!



Anyway, back to the crafting, one of my lovely friends sent me a fab LOTV image that I could not wait to ink up so (if you saw my blog yesterday) you may already have seen him in action once but here he is again . . . I took a C6 card and covered it with a piece of spotty DCWV Winter Stack paper and rounded the corners. I die cut a piece of white card in to a scalloped oval and then used Distress Ink in Faded Jeans to colour the oval. I then stamped a snowflake in Chipped Sapphire, randomly over the scallop before adhering my fab LOTV image (coloured using pro markers, Crystal Stickles and Glossy Accents) on the oval to show off the most snowflakes. I stamped my Inkadinkado sentiment on white card, dabbed the sponge with leftover D.I. on to the card to give it some colour and then glued it down so it was just behind my oval/image panel and over a piece of blue organza ribbon. I then took my crystal stickles and highlighted like crazy to make it all twinkly - guess it COULD be another entry for ILPM's for their sparkle challenge really . . . . hope you like him anyway - I know I DO!



Enjoy your evening. Given the amount of time we spend in the U.S. these days we are celebrating Thanks Giving today with turkey, squash, and all the trimmings - mmmmmm might even open a bottle of fizzy stuff (even though it's a weeknight!).

7 comments:

My name is Wynneth said...

Oooo.... fabulous second card using James Bear and Tinsel Kathy, I so love all the LOTV James stamps, in my book he's one of the cutest bears around! So lucky to find that bracelet nestled safely in your car, it's horrid when you loose a treasured item of jewellery and so lovely when it pops up in an unexpected place!!!

We had a sprinkling of snow in Cornwall this morning, just a pretty light dusting on the ground for a couple of minutes though. It has been bitterly cold here today though and poor TTWD had to wear her jumper as her fur coat was removed at the beauty parlour yesterday - Bless!
hugs
wynneth
x

Debs M x said...

gorgeous x

scrappyjacky said...

That LOTV bear is such a cute image....love him.Enjoy your 'celebrating'.

Katiejane said...

Great news about the bracelet, Lilian must be chuffed! Lovely walnut cake and beer, what more could you want and such a kind thought indeed :)
Cute card, Faded Jeans is one of my favourites and it works lovely here Kathy. And not to forget that sparkle, it's so pretty.
Katie x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Such a lovely card. I am SO jealous of your celebrations. Lx

Dora said...

Awww this is so cute, love the colours and that bear is so cute. Well done on finding that bracelet, I love swarovski crystal xx

Spyder said...

I have a little some thing over on my blog for you!
here
(Lyn)