Sunday, 28 November 2010

2nd post of the day - please scroll down to read earlier post

Still chilly but feeling warmer now I've been to visit my mate and drunk her coffee and enjoyed her mini mince pies!!! Petted the lovely Robbie (Lhasa Apso)!, and am now back home.


I've finished off some place settings I started working on earlier in the week using the FAB new stamp that Lauren sent me AND I've even scrapped last nights girlies night - blimey! Going to have to leave a few pages blank in my scrap book as I've not finished my latest Florida trip yet!



How's this for the cutest bear on the planet? He's by Lily of the Valley for those of you who don't recognise him. I also used an Inkadinkado sentiment stamp and the Costco scrap book kit's alphabet stamps (manufacturer unknown). I coloured my bear using pro markers, Atyou Spica glitter pens and Crystal Stickles. I cut out my colored bear and mounted Steve's on red and mine on silver. I then die cut a white scalloped oval and mounted one behind each bear and then stamped our names before mounting a second time on purple for me and again red for Steve. Steve's panel was punched using the Martha Stewart PATP "Poinsettia" set and my purple corrugated was merely rounded as it was so much thicker.



And this layout uses some paper from an old DCWV stack, cut down to fit my 8½" X 11" album format, some lime card some blue and some red card and some gemstones acquired in the Michaels Halloween Clearance sale! I did my journalling on my PC and then cut out the pieces relating to the evening and each photograph. I matted each photo on lime green card and the photo journalling on red card, the evenings journalling was mounted on to light blue - picking out colours from the retro circle background. Once I had attached the photos and journalling I took faux gemstones and pearls from my Michaels self adhesive Halloween set and dotted round in the centres. A simple but fun layout - much like the evening!!!! Thanks for joining me, ladies.


How's your Sunday going? Still cold? Expect so - it is here too!!


Stay warm peeps! Need to crack on with my own themed challenge today, which is PLANT/S so you might want to check back later and see if there is a THIRD post (it's been a while!).

4 comments:

jackid said...

Wow Kathy they are gorgeous and love the scrapping you have been busy and doing the GDT over on bubble this week see I always said you were the fast crafter in town.It's freezing here me thinks the heating will be on all day today and the double duvet will be out tonight lol take care have a lovely afternoon
Jacki xx

clare said...

looks like you are having a great day. coffee and crafting. x

Lauren Hatwell said...

I love your place cards Kathy. What a great idea. Your LO is LUUUUUSH.... Really like that. Lx

My name is Wynneth said...

What a busy bee you've been Kathy, loving those place settings and fabulous scrap layout. Lovely photos of you and the girls you got.
hugs
wynneth
x