Friday, 12 November 2010

Friday Funny

Welcome to Friday people.
So much so for the fab gadget known as on-line check-in! We discovered that there had been an aircraft substitution when we arrived at the airport . . . same model plane but entirely different configuration and (for those of you not already glazing over . . .) this meant a delay whilst the cabin crew got to grips with the different layout and presented a bit of a nightmare for check in staff as this plane had 85 seats fewer than the scheduled plane!! Hmmmm - guess some people got to go home on the earlier flight or possibly with BA or MAYBE even got an extra night. Certainly a number of people will have received a free upgrade to Upper Class (beds and all!) as this plane (instead of the usual 14 UC seats) had about 48! Anyhoo - enough of that. With 135 mph winds BEHIND us we practically got back to Gatwick before we left!, so not much time for sleeping anyway - 7 hours 22 minutes flight time. We were in so early we had to wait over an hour for our train! When we got back to Bristol it was obvious it had been raining but we walked home without getting wet ...... if we'd been only ten minutes later we would have been drowned rats!
It's nice to be home but I'm already missing the sunshine, I can tell you. It's so lovely to be able to look out on a pool and fields from your lounge too - still, I guess it won't be too long till we're back.
Started to unpack and I can now safely confirm that I have put up my first Christmas decoration!!!! YIKES! On my last minute shopping foray in to Target my little eyes lit on a fibre optic USB Christmas Tree and it made the journey home unsquished and I simply could NOT resist plugging it in!
Will try and get a photo of the extent of the stash damage later but just wanted to check in with you all so you know I made it back in one piece.
Happy Friday one and all - have a great weekend and do check back later to see if the jet lag hit hard or not at all!!!
And just to welcome back the Friday Funny - here is reason number two in a list of how fights started . . .
#2 I rear-ended a car this morning. So, there we were alongside the road and slowly the other driver got out of his car. You know how sometimes you just get so stressed and little things just seem funny? Yeah, well I couldn't believe it.... he was a DWARF!!! He stormed over to my car,
looked up at me, and shouted, 'I AM NOT HAPPY!!!' So, I looked down at him and said, 'Well, then which one are you then!?!'

And yep the fight started...

1 comment:

xxxtglxxx said...

Welcome back Kathy, now you will need a rest from your break! :) lol.

I have a good idea, get crafting! :D

hugs

xxalisonxx