Tuesday, 2 November 2010

Hello dear readers


Tuesday again . . . not a very long post today as yesterday didn't provide much post material. We spent much of it just loafing around at home or out on the pool deck though we DID go out yesterday afternoon, to Posner Park where we HAD planned to do a little Christmas shopping and looking at cameras. Do you know that no camera manufacturer seems to make a handbag sized digital camera with a viewfinder anymore!!! YIKES, I would hate to lose my viewfinder. Hubby's been looking on the internet and ascertained that Sony still repair this model (purchased in May 2008) AND you can buy this model on e-bay so I could always replace like with like. Hmmm, and I was beginning to set my heart on a new camera too! BUM, still, one of the things I DO like about it is its size, as I almost always have it with me. Hmm, having read through it - seems I found more to post about than I thought!!!! Have a great Tuesday peeps!



Anyway, we didn't get the Christmas gift we set out to get and I didn't get a new camera either so, all in all, it was an ALMOST totally wasted trip BUT I DID have a 50% discount voucher for Michaels and wasn't too afraid to use it! So I do feel it was worth going out! Steve dragged me in to not one but two DIY stores looking for paint trays and fan blades! - and we didn't get either! This means another trip today probably! MY MY, how I shall enjoy that!! Only fair though, as I DO drag him in to Michaels a fair bit, so I shall TRY not to look too bored.



Back to crafting . . . I did manage to make a card using the punch acquired yesterday, some DCWV paper from their Christmas stack and some fabbylicious DCWV glitter card from another stack (I THINK it was Indian Summer). I used the fab new Penny Black stamp of Wynneth's which I took the opportunity to stamp several of whilst she was here. I coloured (if coloured is the right word as there is so little to colour!) her using pro markers and copics before I highlighted areas with platinum, green and holographic stickles, mounted her on my punched panel and then on to the DCWV red paper and there she was. A simple card but I like it and hope you do too.

2 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Oh now that is pretty. I LOVE the border. How beautiful! Love that PB image too. Perfick! Lx

My name is Wynneth said...

How fabulous is this card Kathy - I LOVE it! I am green with envy now for your new ARTP MS punch set, that is one very special toy and I'm having a trantrum that I haven't got one myself!!! I'm sure I could have thrown away all my shoes and clothes in order to fit a few more sets of MS punches in the suitcase - shame DH didn't let me :O( he's such a horrid meanie ! LOL
hugs
wynneth
x