Tuesday, 23 November 2010

Hi folks, how's your day?

Hope it's going well for you.



I started off full of good intentions but haven't actually achieved very much. It's a pretty dull, grey and uninspiring day here.



Whilst on my recent vacation I acquired some plastic bubble packaging for gifties and decided to make use of it today. I bought them in Violettes in Lakeland, Florida, jointly with Wynneth as we didn't feel either of us could use TWELVE of them! Anyway, I chose buttons for my first attempt and cut the panel for the back piece. I chose a larger corner rounder than was perhaps ideal but it was my first attempt. For the "front" of the back panel I stamp my sentiment in black memento ink and then used my Inkadinkado Dot flourish set stamped in grape jelly memento ink. For the back I stamped the Inkadinkado morphic bugs butterfly in versamark ink and then brushed pearl, purple, pale green and bronze pearled over, setting with hairspray. I filled my "bubble" with buttons before cutting out the "hanging loop" and threaded turquoise and tan organza ribbon through, tying in a bow to complete the project. It's not my finest work but it was an experiment.




I hope you think it was worthwhile - might have another go later . . . .



Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday

3 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Ooooh, what a LOVELY idea Kathy. Looks fantastic...and I'm not just saying that because its about buttons....though they are pretty fab aren't they. A very worthwhile project if you ask me. Lx

Fleur said...

Hi Kathy, A gorgeous gift idea
A bit dull this end too, I'm full of cold & not sleeping ~ So not a happy bunny
Hugz Fleur xXx

My name is Wynneth said...

I think it's lovely Kathy - first attempt or not!

Well done you and actually using one of these fabulous bubbles, mine are sitting broodingly on my craft desk waiting for me to try one out! Will definitely have to have a go at one now ;O)
hugs
wynneth
x