Tuesday, 9 November 2010

Hi there readers

Morning all,


Well after my 2nd post of yesterday hubby and I headed off to a DIY store - had a change of plan and went to a Home Depot instead, found they'd got all their Christmas stuff in! Started putting it out before Halloween but now that the Halloween stuff has all been removed then Christmas has cranked up a gear.


The Gaylord Palms (hotel) has all it's Christmas lights in situ but not lit, yet - we went round to have a look - just in case!



For a change dinner was at TGI Fridays - goodness me it's been YEARS since we've been there but our good friends Wynneth and Tom ate there recently and it reminded us to give it another try - the ribs were very good. Across the road from the restaurant we heard a noise emanating from the small lake. It was a pretty loud noise so we felt the urge to investigate . . . what is it they say about a bird in the hand being worth two in the bush? What does that make this little lot worth then????



I mentioned yesterday that I had felt the urge to do some crafting before I had to pack all my stuff away . . . and here they are. The ATC was made with my new Martha Stewart RTG punch and some scraps of paper and an image from a Hero Arts clear stamp set. A simple card using scraps - always a satisfying project The sentiment is one I've had for many years, by Katie & Co, it was one from the dollar bin at Michael's which was a great way to build up a collection.



The card uses an image from Inkadinkado stamped (in black) on a white panel and then distressed using scattered straw, wild honey, frayed burlap and black soot. This was then rounded and mounted on a black rounded layer before mounting on a white/black layer on a tall card. The base layers had some zebra print organza ribbon tied in a knot round it prior to adhering to the card. I then used the fab post it technique (as appeared in Craft Stamper from designer Joanne Wardle) using the same distress ink colours and then stamped the Hero Arts sentiment in black.


Hope you liked the above cards.


Happy Tuesday peeps - what'cha got planned? Have a good one.

6 comments:

Spyder said...

I quite like your musical Christmas tree ATc it would make a lovely card Kathy! Even if you didn't have the stamp. Wish we had a Michael's over here, they do have some fabulous crafty bargains, I stuffed my suitcase with a few on my last trip over.

(Lyn)

Lauren Hatwell said...

Hey there purple pal. Loving those Christmas trees. Making me feel very festive. Well it just goes to show what you can do with a few scraps doesnt it. Great cards! I love the music paper tree. That's a really nice idea. The lampost is SO stylish and I love the colours you've used. Very sophisticated that. Very nice indeed. Simple Elegance...that's the phrase I'm searching for.

Gee that beer looks good....slurp!

jackid said...

lovely cards Kathy I really love the bottom one it's very pretty the colours are gorgeous enjoy your last few days
Jacki xx

jackid said...

forgot to ask whats the post it technique?

Katiejane said...

Sounds like you had a great time and look at all those birds!
Your ATC is lovely and I adore the Inkadinkadoo card! The colours are great and "Zebra Print Organza" how funky???
Katie x

My name is Wynneth said...

Two fabulous projects Matey ! Can fully understand that you just had to let two more items of craftiness out before you headed back to the UK!!!

I can just picture you two now, sitting taking in the atmosphere at the Gaylord - hope no-one remembered Tom's antics from the last visit!!! ooops!!!
hugs
wynneth
x