Saturday, 27 November 2010

It's Saturday!!!!!

I've scheduled this to post Saturday morning as I aim to sleep late!!! I'm HOPING it won't have snowed overnight either as my cousin is coming to Bristol this afternoon and we're having a girlies dinner (with a third friend) - it would be such a shame if she couldn't make it because of the weather as it's the first chance the three of us have had to get together THIS YEAR!!! Fingers crossed . . . please!


It's also Sketchie day over on Craft Mad and Loving It and this week it is my turn to present the sketch and my card. I e-mailed my sketch to the Design team on Monday and they came back with some fab creations, check it out here - why not have a go, I'd be delighted if you would. Anyway, here is my sketch. My twist is that you can only feature one colour plus black (I figure most people stamp in black ink so that's why I went with this option!).




Anyway, I took my C5 card and a piece of splendid Costco paper (slightly smaller than my base card), rounded the corners and then took my Tim Holtz Distressing tool and went round the edges. I took a piece of light green coredinations and ran that through my die cut machine inside an embossing folder and then sanded the raised part, exposing the white core, before mounting on a darker green panel and then attachign some fairly wide moss green grosgrain ribbon round the panel. I cut my tall thin panel from white card and then use distress inks in several shades of green, stamped my Paper Artsy image in Memento Tuxedo Black, rounded the corners on the panel and then mounted on to another darker green panel - rounding the corners again. I stamped the craft stamper freebie sentiment on white card and cut out before using the residual distress inks to colour and then mounted on to the same coredinations card, again distressing round the outside. Finally, I punched three green flowers and took two clear glitter buttons and one black glitter button, threaded black thread through both layers, knotted and then attached to my card and there you have it! My take on my sketch - I hope you like it.


Happy Saturday peeps - hope you aren't too inconvenienced by the weather - stay warm and safe peeps.

2 comments:

clare said...

hope you have a good sleep in!! great sketchie and twist kathy. x

scrappyjacky said...

Love all the greens.