Wednesday, 24 November 2010

I've been making Christmas cards for so long . . .

that part of me can't quite acknowledge I've made them all for this year!!!!!



Nothing on the TV yesterday evening meant I watched re-runs of Doctor Who (the ones with David Tennant instead of the new one) and found myself making more Christmas cards.



I bought some new Martha Stewart punches from her PATP range and decided to go with a couple of simple designs - black and white appealed to me today for some reason so off I jolly well went . . . .


For the first one I simply took one C6 card, tied a length of black organza round and then in to a bow - well off to one side. Then I took a piece of card 5" x 3.25" and used the scalloped dot PATP to give it a fancy edge. I then took a piece of white card slightly smaller and stamped my NOEL image (by Inkadinkado) in black. Whilst it was a black image it wasn't quite as dark as the black card so I took my Atyou Spica glitter pen in black and drew round elements of it which made the black denser AND gave it a fab twinkle. I debated whether to colour some of the other elements too but decided against it as it wouldn't then be black and white anymore!!!!



For the second card I used the larger Martha Stewart PATP set and punched round a piece of 6" x 4" black card. Again, taking a piece of white card slightly smaller than the remaining central black panel I stamped my Merry Crows (by Sparkle'nSprinkle) and stamped them in black. I had very slightly misaligned the punch on the top left corner (hence the Papermania Christmas Greeting!!!!) and I also took the Atyou Spica glitter pens in black and red (this time simply because I wanted to!) and coloured in the crows.



Two fairly simple and quick cards - seemingly ready for 2011 - how's that for forward planning, eh!!!! Oh - I DO love those crows!!!!



Have a wonderful Wednesday however you spend it and do feel free to leave me some comments as I love to see comments - it's a bit like getting post you know!

3 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Love the use of black and white,Kathy....very elegant.How about making some xmas boxes now?

Brenda Brown said...

Love your Martha Stewart punches, they make such fabulous cards. Finished Christmas cards? Wow, well done, I have loads to make still.
Thanks for posting my blog candy.
luv {brenda} xox

My name is Wynneth said...

And two awesomely fabuliscious cards they are too Kathy :O) I also love those crows! and isn't that NOEL stampw we got great? I go the deep edge double loop PATP MS set too, Kathy made me do it!!! by demonstrating just how fabulous it is!
hugs
wynneth
x