Sunday, 21 November 2010

Morning readers


And what a funny old day it is, the sun is shining the rain is coming down . . . . and (frankly) it's a tad parky too! What is going on with the weather? I hear we may even be set for snow later in the week - doesn't it know it's not Christmas till next month?


Aside from that and still recuperating from this ghastly of cold (started off really mildly but ain't half hanging around!) I felt no real urge to get up, dressed and dash out anywhere this morning.


So, having checked in on the Sunday theme over of CMLI and found that Rosie had set the fiendish challenge of: PRESENTS I set to thinking. Well, I DO have a present to wrap and send for my Secret Santa so this seemed like the perfect project so I grabbed some bubble wrap (for protection - it's got to go through Royal Mail you know!), my black and gold wrap, the present (obviously!) and my gold ribbon I dashed off in search of somewhere flat to wrap said giftie . . . I also used my new(ish, obtained from the Bristol Craftsforall show just before my vacation) Tim Holtz die and made my topper but what to use for the centre. I cut my die flower and leaf from gold mirri card and used my retro flower punches to cut black and a smaller gold flower. I had a large brad but only in inappropriate colours so . . . I cut a small black circle and ran both sides through my xyron before sticking one side to my brad and then glittering the other - sorted! Now, I just have to hope the presents survives mailing and that the recipient (Cindy) likes it! There, two birds - one stone!


Have a great Sunday everyone - I also found this really cool tip for securing your ribbon knots and bows on cards which I've put here - check it out, it's brilliantly simple and simply brilliant - don't know why it had never occurred to me (can you say ..... DUH!!!). So THANK you to person who originally posted the tip. I even have some of this same ribbon from Michaels so might have to give it a go myself later - watch this space!

3 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Beautiful wrapping there Kathy. Thanks for sharing the brilliantly simple tip too. It is...brilliant and simple...Fantastic! Lx

Fleur said...

Gorgeous paper Kathy ~ very elegant, and there's that fab tag too
Hugz Fleur xXx

My name is Wynneth said...

Oooo... love gift wrap Kathy - I'm sure Cindy will love it!
hugs
wynneth
x