Saturday, 6 November 2010

Woo Hoo Sketchie Day!!!

Me again peeps, if you didn't see my earlier post (about last night's YUMMY meal) then please do scroll down - pity to miss it!!



Regular readers will recall that Saturday's are sketchie day over on craftbubble's Craft Mad & Loving It group and today has been no exception. This week's sketch has been presented by Design Team Member, Rosie, and she has added the fiendish twist of "FAKING IT"!!!!! AND challenged us all to spot the fakes in the design team's fab cards too! Anyway, here is the sketch first and then my own take, can you spot my fakes?








Scroll down further still.












Not quite there yet . . . .












Nearly there ......














My fakes were: fake lace border using my Martha Stewart punch. Fake border (masking off a rectangle and then using the delicious D.I. in Barn Door) and then fake backing paper by reverse masking and then stamping my Inkadinkado Artistic Flourish, again with Barn Door. Of course, the gemstones aren't real either!



Hope you like my card peeps.


I also hope your Saturday is going along nicely.


Happy Birthday to my crafting buddy (and Wynneth's father too) ANDY!!! ENJOY matey!

3 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Woo great fakes Kathy, I guessed the lace border and the gems. Love the holly stamp it looks fab.
Saturday is good thnx. Been into Reading with my DIL and grandchildren. Went to 'The Range', new shop to me but I managed to spend quite a bit of money as they had a craft section as well as some lovely Christmassy bits. Hope you Saturday is good too.
luv {brenda} xox

Lauren Hatwell said...

Lovely LOVELY card there Kathy. Great "fakes" too. That holly stamp is just lovely. Lauren x

Katiejane said...

Beautiful cards there Kathy, great use of the "Fake" theme.
Katie :)