Wednesday, 3 November 2010

Wotcher peeps it's WEDNESDAY!

And that means What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday over on craftbubble's Craft Mad & Loving It group.



If you look at the photograph you will see that there's not much activity going on there right now but there just might be sometime soon as I would like to make some gift tags so I can wrap a Christmas present for my neighbours and I also would like to have a go at the snowflake challenge over on I Love Pro Markers.




Here's what I made last night. I used an ATC blank and some white card which I had "splattered" with pearl-ex mica powders. As a background it came out just fab. I used my Martha Stewart RTP punch set on just one corner so then applied memento ink to the ATC blank beneath. I then stamped my Inkadinkado "Artistic Flourish" in grape jelly before highlighting with stickles holographic glitter glue and then, finally, adding a faux pearl to the edged corner - hope you like it.




Hubby and I went out on a mission yesterday, to acquire a Christmas present for our neighbour, Roger - SUCCESS, can't tell you what we got because then I would have to kill you!!!! No, seriously, one of them might happen to see this post and that would spoil the surprise. HOWEVER, whilst we were on our way to the Florida Mall on Sandlake Road we passed this sight . . . . wild turkeys strutting their "thang" on a busy intersection - they must figure that (with Thanksgiving looming) they are safer on a busy intersection!! GOOD LUCK chaps!



Not sure how your Wednesday is working out for you but hope you are all well, happy and above all WARM!!! - as I hear it's still pretty chilly in Blighty - and we'll be back there with you all very soon - brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

4 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Oooh, fab table of craftiness AND I LOVE that ATC. Very classy indeed. Great swirl and I love the soft sheen you've got going there too. Dopey Turkeys... Maybe they were heading for the border in a desperate escape bid... Lx

Brenda Brown said...

Your ATC looks gorgeous, love the corner and pearl. Wednesday has been a mixture of work housework and blogging so far - but ok. It's warm now the heating is on hehe.
Love the photo of the turkeys - bless. They are definitely on a mission aren't they?
Take care. B xxx

Melly said...

Oh thanks for a wee sneak at your desk hee!
Love your ATC, its stunning! All the mica-ness is amazing! I adore that flourish stamp and that corner punch is a must hee!
Hee loved that pic, and I think your right about those turkeys hee!
Hugs melly xxx

Katiejane said...

Great piccies, love the turkeys doing their "Thang"! I fell in love with your ATC Kathy!! Talk about beauty, it's so elegant and the punched corner looks fab. I love the sparkle on it too, it really sets it off.
I hope you've had an awesome time and aren't too sad to be going home soon!
Katie xx