Tuesday, 7 December 2010

2nd post of the day - please scroll down to read earlier post

Hi, me again - still blooming parky, in fact it's minus FOUR and hasn't been any warmer all day!



Made my meeting with my friend, for coffee. We meet at a local Sainsbury's and can combine grocery shopping with our chat. We treated ourselves to coffee and a mince pie this morning because the line wasn't very long but when it came to our second cup - the line was about 20 people long!! so, this morning, we decided to pass on such a long wait and chatted away instead. It was probably our last chance to meet up until next year! Sounds so very far away when you think in those terms and yet . . . . it's less than four weeks to next year! No, I CAN'T think about resolutions yet, need to get Christmas done first! It was such a thick hoare frost that everywhere looked so lovely (and festive) that I told hubby we needed to go out again this afternoon so I could take some photos! This little chap was waiting for me by the post box when I took my Christmas cards!



Still waiting on some Chrissie presents through the post and assume the weather is slowing some of them . . . . maybe! Sent my Secret Santa gift recently and all my exchange and general Christmas cards today (all 40 of them!).


This afternoon, true to my word, I dragged hubby (not that he took a whole lot of dragging - any excuse to visit a screwfix!). We hit the Made For Ever park in Kingswood, where I took some photos, before visiting aunt and uncle with their Christmas card and then it was on to Screwfix and Costco where we spent more money than we planned (who doesn't?) snagging some more piccies on the way home but it's already dark so no more today.




Oh and this craft piccie (below right) shows that I finally finished my napkin rings and place cards . . cute aren't they? We have the surrogates due for dinner between now and Christmas and we have friends joining us for Christmas (late) lunch this year - first time in a number of years and we're looking forward to it. That'll be an interesting and traditional afternoon/evening with games and a few (maybe even more than a few!) drinks and, as they're staying overnight no homeward journey to worry about until Boxing Day sometime after a late breakfast!!! "Merry" Christmas Sandra and Brian!!!



Thanks for stopping by and do, please, leave me some comments as it's as nice as getting post!

4 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

pretty.....!!! What beautiful photo's Kathy. Thanks for sharing. Lx

Cherry said...

Loving your shots Kathy, simply lovely. Glad you've had a good day - shame about that second cup of coffee. Love the table dressings - really festive and a lovely touch that I'm sure will be appreciated. Your Christmas day sounds lovely too.

We had a quick stroll to the post box today too to post most of the Christmas cards - although I ran out of stamps!

Cherry XXX

Debs M x said...

great pics, especially the robin! loving your makes for the xmas table too! x

My name is Wynneth said...

Really fabby piccies mrs k :O) glad the coffee date went OK. Lovely napkin rings and place cards, your festive table will look lovely :O)
hugs
wynnethj
x