Saturday, 11 December 2010

2nd post of the day - please scroll down to read earlier post

Hi there, me again . . . . .


Had the chance to do some crafting - hardly realised that the last time I had the opportunity was Tuesday evening!!!! Blimey, where DO the days go?


Anyway, in addition to trying to get today's sketchie done, an ILPM Christmas song or Carol entry I found time to make this little tree ornament. I used one of my new Nellie Snellen dies and some crystal glitter DCWV card. I cut two identical pieces from the crystal card and sandwiched a piece of narrow white satin ribbon to act as the hanger before sticking them back to back. I used a smaller die from the set to cut a gold layer and then embossed my Papermania design on to white card using black sparkle embossing powder which I then cut out and glued to the gold layer which was then matted on to the crystal (which I prepared by sanding the centre area to give the glue a "key") - BINGO!, hope you like it.




And here is my sketchie . . .

I used a C5 card blank and stamped my image on a piece of white card using memento in in tuxedo black before colouring using pro markers and then highlighting with platinum and crystal stickles. I rounded the corners and then matted on to a piece of red card leaving a very narrow border. I then cut a piece of green card a little wider than my image panel and shallower and rounded those corners too. I took a strip of the matching red card and used the straight punch from a Martha Stewart PATP to cut a strip and adhered red and white striped ribbon across the card panel before assembling the panels as you see below. I also stamped the sentiment and "Mum" on to white card before matting on to green card and attaching to the top left. I hope you all like it and I really hope that the friend who commissioned it will like it for her mum too.


Thanks for stopping by - do leave me a comment if you have a moment.

3 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice thanks for sharing!!!

kasthurirajam said...

beautiful

Lilian said...

Kathy I like the card a lot and am sure your friend and her Mum will love it. The decoration is nice as well. Take care Lilian