Monday, 13 December 2010

2nd post of the day - please scroll down to read earlier post

Evening all,

I spent this afternoon doing errands and stuff! but hubby was going out this evening which left me free to unpack, assemble and play with my new toy - a Big Shot!!! Tell you what, it's a big ole thing compared to my Quickutz . . . . hope I'm going to be able to find somewhere for it to live! Shame they were all black and pink .... a black and purple one would have been about PERFECT!!!!

Isn't it funny how you can be desperate to play with a new toy and suddenly your mind goes blank and you can't think of a thing to do?!?!? Hmm, this didn't bode well so I simply set about die cutting a few shapes . . . dull but useful. Then I decided to make a simple Christmas tree decoration - just to prove it works!!! So I took my newest die (arrived in the box with the Big Shot) which was too big to buy previously as it wouldn't go through my Quickutz with its 4" roller . . . I used one piece of Green and one piece of red glitter card from a DCWV Christmas glitter stack and die cut two each of the ornate die cut and two of the plain circle (a nellie snellen die cut). I lightly sanded the centre of the green circle in order to provide a "key" for the red circle to adhere to. I used a length of narrow white satin ribbon (Michaels - 3 for $1 recently) to provide a hanging loop and sandwiched between my two green die cut circles. I had previously bought some wooden reindeer from Hobbycraft and selected the green reindeer from this set (but these were the dullest) so, once adhered to the red circle I decided to bling them up with Crystal stickles! Hope you like this tree ornament and I hope to get more adventurous with my die cutter tomorrow!

6 comments:

Debs M x said...

looks fab! x

Fleur said...

A gorgeous ornament, enjoy your new toy,
Hugz fleur xxx

Louise said...

beautiful ornament x

Dawn said...

Lovely!!! I love my Big Shot!!
Hugs
Dawn xxx

jackid said...

Kathy if you don't want the pink & black one I'll have it off you as they are my fav colours lol but yep I know what you mean about wanting something then when you get it you forget what to do with it I am getting to grips with my cuttlebug just need some more dies to play with. love the decoration very blingy
Jacki xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

soooooo pretty! Love it. All that glittery gorgeousness...sigh!