Tuesday, 14 December 2010

2nd post of the day - please scroll down to read earlier post

I've been wrestling with a little project for much of the day - not a difficult one you might think but it sure proved trickier than anticipated. It came to me in a dream, much like the Dolly Mama card of yesterday! so I had no reason to suppose it wouldn't work but hey . . . . . nobody ever said life was simple (though I hear Meerkats think life is Schimples!)! I started off this morning by printing a photograph on photo paper, cutting it down to 4" x 4", applying double sided sheet adhesive and then sticking to black mount board. Easy peasy but this was where it all started to go pear shaped! Now my jig saw die is a Quickutz die (hence my having to cut the photo to 4" x 4") and my Big Shot only arrived yesterday so it didn't come as a huge surprise that my first attempt wasn't overly successful. I tried several permutations of layers and boards, etc and, ultimately, managed to let the piece slip so scrapped the first one. I printed a second photo and used my Xyron to apply adhesive before attaching to a piece of regular thickness card instead . . . . MORE successful but not perfect however, I decided to quit whilst I was still winning and what didn't pull apart I cut using a very small pair of scissors!! It seemed like such a good idea when I thought of it!!! Anyhoo, I then set about making a little pouch to gift wrap said jig saw and here you see the finished results. I hope you think it worked (more or less)!!!!

3 comments:

Debs M x said...

great idea Kathy, looks fab x

My name is Wynneth said...

What a fabulous project young Kathy :O) Very clever and lovely to see it all worked out in the end.
hugs
wynneth
x

Katiejane said...

Kathy this is adorable! Great idea :)
Katie x