Tuesday, 28 December 2010

2nd post of the day - please scroll down to read earlier post

Hi there,

Been crafting this afternoon with some friends on-line - not the easiest way to craft admittedly but hey . . . . never one to admit defeat!

We all got the same Crafty Individuals stamp set for Christmas (see it here ) and I produced a sketch for us to work from - purely optional though.


We met up (virtually, of course) at 2:00 and agreed to give ourselves two hours to complete one or more projects using only the Crafty Individuals stamps and to e-mail one another with the results of our labours.

I decided to use the sketch for both of my projects and I chose to make cards but opted for cards of different sizes (C5 and C6). I made one more vintage and distressed and the other in shades of my fave colour (purple).

My distressed C6 card involved two pieces of card from the wonderful Costco double sided offer I availed myself of some time ago and which appears to be still going strong. I used the plain side and cut cut a panel only slightly smaller than my card and then, using my Tim Holtz distressing tool distressed the edges. I then cut three panels from another sheet using the striped side. I die cut a scalloped border from gold paper and adhered to two of my stripey borders and then rounded the exposed striped corners. I stamped my sentiment, cut it out and distressed it a smidge using D.I. in tea dye before adhering to gold paper and cutting out with a narrow border. To the third striped panel I rounded the corners and tied narrow brown organza ribbon in to a knot at one edge and then added my sentiment panel over the top. My scalloped panels were adhered top and bottom. My image was stamped using memento ink in tuxedo black and then coloured using distress inks and a waterbrush. Once dried I then used a blending tool and distress inks in antique linen and tea dye to colour the die cut scalloped oval which I then adhered to my panel to complete the card.

For my second card I used a C5 card and cut a panel from a purple star patterned piece of Colossal paper slightly smaller than my base card. I used DCWV shimmer purple card for the three panels and then slightly smaller panels of tonal Coredinations which had been run through my Big Shot inside an embossing folder and which was then lightly sanded to expose the white core. I adhered the two top and bottom panels to my card first and then tied some narrow white organza ribbon to the side panel before adhering the embossed panel over the top. On top of this again I adhered my scallop oval sentiment panel which had been coloured using distress ink in spun sugar. My main scalloped oval had the image stamped in memento tuxedo black and this time coloured using Pro Markers (for a stronger colour) and I highlighted areas using Atyou Spica clear glitter pen before using the DI in spun sugar to colour the otherwise white card.

And there you have my two cards made using only the stamps included in the set from Crafty Individuals. I hope you like them

And here is Lauren's project, not using the sketch but definitely using the stamps - a fab magnetic fridge pad ..... what a cool idea? You can see more of her work here


And here is Wynneth's project - you can see more of her work here too














Isn't it ASTONISHING how differently our projects came out despite using the same stamp sets? I loved this challenge for that reason, if no other and would love to have another go some time soon. Thanks ladies for joining me this afternoon and thanks to you all for reading - do pop across the links above and have a look at other work by Lauren and Wynneth and the wonderful stamps from Crafty Individuals

4 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Your projects are fabby Kathy. Thoroughly enjoyed doing this and I'm now ready to write down those New Year's Resolutions in my fridge pad...

Lx

scrappyjacky said...

A very crafty day,Kathy...fraid I've been bargain shopping and then watching films with DD.

My name is Wynneth said...

I was certainly lots of fun - nowhere near as much fun as actually crafting together in the same room though !! It would be great to do it again sometime soon :O)
hugs
wynneth
x

xxxtglxxx said...

Oooh Kathy, I have never heard of a virtual craft club session before :) Sounds like fun. I love the results you got with your sketch and new stamps. Gorgeous!

Happy new year!

hugs

xxalisonxx