Thursday, 2 December 2010

And finally, some crafting!

Decided to take the bull by the horns and enter the I Love Pro Markers challenge which, this week, is CHRISTMAS TREES. This card may not look particularly Christmas tree oriented but there are ELEVEN trees featured and it's definitely a Christmas card so I HOPE it will qualify and I did colour in using Pro Markers (about the only restriction on entry). I used a white C6 card and cut a piece of DCWV Winter stack paper slightly smaller than my card and rounded the corners. I stamped my Petaluma image in memento tuxedo black before colouring using pro markers and distress ink (faded jeans, for the sky). I then applied liquitex pearl to the snowy areas (having first highlighted the "mounds" with PM ice grey) and then liberally sprinkled holographic glitter to make it super sparkly. I then matted on to a piece of Costco (double sided but chose the blue side!) paper before adhering to my DCWV layer and then used an offcut from a Hobbycraft scallop edge glitter hand made paper, completing my Christmas card. Hope you like it.


Why not pop over to ILPM's and check out everyone elses take on this challenge through the week? If you missed my earlier post, there's still time to scroll down and read it!!!! and/or leave a comment - thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Dora said...

Wow this is awesome Kathy, love all the glitter on your card, it's so Christmassy xx

Lorraine said...

Kathy, it's beautiful and that's a stunning image. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

Karen said...

Ooooh Kathy, this is gorgeous,not seen that stamp before, is it a new one? And I love all the sparkle. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.

xx

Tine said...

Hi Kathy. I am glad you managed to sort the link out. It is a great card. Fab image, you will have to tell us where it is from. Wonderful skyline. Loving the sparkle too. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
Tine :)

Kathyk said...

The image is by Petaluma and is called Christmas Village - sadly, it's also very old. It was one of my mum's so it's pre 2001

Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

What a lovely image. Its pure Christmas isn't it. Veyr nice Kathy. Good luck with the challenge. Lx

My name is Wynneth said...

This is fabulous Kathy, such a lovely christmasy image and so beautifully coloured too - loving the DI sky :O) Thanks for joining us on I ♥ Promarkers this week.
hugs
wynneth
x

katesacraftybugger said...

ooh this is pretty Kathy , I love all the sparkle .thanks for joining us at I♥ promarkers this week -Kate x