Wednesday, 1 December 2010

Morning - how is it with you all?

Wednesday December 1st! Impossible, where did 2010 get to? In four weeks Christmas will be all over and I've not written my Christmas cards or wrapped all of my presents! I expect hubby will be up in the loft at the weekend getting the tree and dex down and, at this point, we'll have to decide just how much we're going to put up this year! I think some of that may be governed by the weather!


Busy day yesterday since my day got re-arranged I decided to play at scrapbooking - I'm still not much good at it but I DO enjoy it. As a thrifty card maker I simply cannot bear to part with all the stash which makes everyone elses layouts look so sumptuous . . . . maybe one day!




So, here are two more scrap layouts, of our day trip to the west coast of Florida starting at Crystal River and heading down the coast road to Wekiva before heading back along the 50 and aiming for the Santa Fe steakhouse for dinner. Of course there was an inevitable stop at a Michaels (just in case their stock was any different to my local ones!!!) where I bought the Martha Stewart PATP set "Poinsettia" - ooops, no will power me!!! We did see a manatee in its natural habitat (having only seem them in zoos and theme parks previously) and hadn't really realised their size until we saw them with the kayak in this photo! Forgot to mention that I was fiddling around with my photos in MS Word and found all these cool effects such as different shapes and blurred and/or colored edges/borders - must remember how to find that again!



I also set the themed challenge of PLANT/S over on Craftbubble's Craft Mad & Loving It group so thought I had better get on with my project. I selected PLANT STAKES for the little pots of seedlings in my kitchen window, though I AM going to have to write pretty small on the stakes as I used the free "stirrers" obtained from the likes of Starbucks and Costa!!! I used Paper Artsy HP1005 stamp set, their matching dies, distress inks in Wild Honey, Barn Door, Bundled Sage and Forest Moss and some tiny little beads for the centres. The leaves are two sets of two attached with glue at one end and foam pads at the other, giving dimension.




As it's Wednesday, it is also Whats On Your Work Desk Wednesday so here are two photographs of what's going on in my crafty space. Regular readers of my blog will quickly realise that the little bronze coloured triangular box hasn't moved for weeks - I AM going to finish it soon - have to do it before Christmas anyway so I live in hope it won't be there next week! The other photograph shows the mess my Christmas Area is currently in!! That too will change before Christmas and might even end up looking a lot tidier - please don't hold your breath waiting for this though as crafting ALWAYS comes before tidying!



It's also Secret Santa draw night with the surrogates so . . . . by this time tomorrow I should know who I get to buy a £15 gift for . . . I do hope it's me!


Whatever is on your agenda then I hope you will greatly enjoy your day and, if you have to go out and have snow or ice then please take care.

6 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

I love those little plant stakes,Kathy...may have a go at them...and would make lovely gifts as well.

Lauren Hatwell said...

I must say Kathy, those plant stakes are the real stars of the show aren't they. What a brilliant idea. Lovely layouts, don't get me wrong, but the plant stakes are faaaaaabbbby!

Lx

Tine said...

Hi, Kathy. I did a draw of all the commenters on my Nicecrane's 'Mistress Mary' image card, after Nicecrane promised that he would send one person chosen at random the complete set of Nursery Songs. Random generator selected you!!!

I have sent Ignacio at Nicecrane an email to say that it is you who has won but he has asked me to send him your email address and he will send the file with the images in. If you could let me know it, I will pass it on straight away!
Congrats!!!!
Tine :)

My name is Wynneth said...

Congrats on your win Kathy, it all sounds very mysterious, can't wait to see what you've won!!

Great layouts and lovely piccies :o) However, I agree with Lauren, those plant stakes are THE MOST AWESOME project, fabulous my dear ;o) I NEED to investigate the stamps and dies for those asap!

hugs
wynneth
x

Tine said...

Back again. LOL.
I have sent it off for you. If there are any problems let me know. He is Spanish and sometimes gets rather confused with his English! LOL.
Happy Crafting.
Tine :)

Melly said...

Wow honey these are fab!
You should seen some of my 1st scrap pages, well mayb not hee! These are amazing and a great way of using the scrap you would never use on your cards!
Love the wee flower sticks too!
Hugs melly xxx
Ps left you a wee thing on my blog!